Right props for Cigarette 39 TG Unlimited 2x600 Mercury Racing

Notices

Right props for Cigarette 39 TG Unlimited 2x600 Mercury Racing

Old 08-22-2020, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right props for Cigarette 39 TG Unlimited 2x600 Mercury Racing

Hi,
in these days I’m going to test my new (2006) 39 TG Unlimited.
Which is the best choice of props for you, to obtain the maximum speed?
thank’s a lot.
Federico
Old 08-22-2020, 11:55 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKANDROLL
Hi,
in these days I’m going to test my new (2006) 39 TG Unlimited.
Which is the best choice of props for you, to obtain the maximum speed?
thank’s a lot.
Federico
Post a photo of which boat you have. It depends on cabin and a layup... heavy or light.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe
Post a photo of which boat you have. It depends on cabin and a layup... heavy or light.

Hi Joe, this is the cabin. What do you mean with “layup”?
Old 08-24-2020, 02:56 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

My friend had a heavier boat than mine. We put a set a 5 blade Maximus on and it ran very well. Not as fast as mine, but the attitude was much improved versus the Bravo 1 4 blades.

My friend has since sold the boat, and I don't know the guy who owns it now. But, if you can find the person purchased it, he might be able to help you. The boat is similar to yours - weight / lay-up.

His was the Finish Line boLineIt's purple and yellow~ish and the name is on the side of it.

Hope that helps.

*By the way, you may consider removing (cutting/ shaving) off the external water pickups and utilizing the pickups on the sportmaster lowers. That should gain a couple miles an hour and help not picking up debris on top of the water, if you boat in the Atlantic, etc....
Old 08-31-2020, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a 39 that is a very similar set up to yours. I have 600 SCIs converted to 700's. With the 700's I was running the best with factory labbed Maximus 34's. I had to bump the limiters up to 6k because I would hit the 5400 RPM limiter at just under 3/4 throttle. With your 600's I would think either 32 or 34 15.25" Maximus. This past summer I tried, 32 Bravos, 34 Bravos, 36 Bravos, and 33 Max 5s. The best prop was the Factory Labbed 34 Maximus at 15.25". I am actually converting to SCX-4 drives and will be spinning cleaver props next year. I'm now at 830 hp and no way will a Bravo live with that hp. If you are interested, I'm going to list the 34 props I have. They may have 8 hours on them. Let me know If you are interested.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 606 Likes on 279 Posts

If the OP isn't interested I may be. We are adding Whipples shortly and bumping mine again and it should be in the low to mid 8hundies HP.
Imco SCX's
Old 09-20-2020, 06:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe
My friend had a heavier boat than mine. We put a set a 5 blade Maximus on and it ran very well. Not as fast as mine, but the attitude was much improved versus the Bravo 1 4 blades.

My friend has since sold the boat, and I don't know the guy who owns it now. But, if you can find the person purchased it, he might be able to help you. The boat is similar to yours - weight / lay-up.

His was the Finish Line boLineIt's purple and yellow~ish and the name is on the side of it.

Hope that helps.

*By the way, you may consider removing (cutting/ shaving) off the external water pickups and utilizing the pickups on the sportmaster lowers. That should gain a couple miles an hour and help not picking up debris on top of the water, if you boat in the Atlantic, etc....
Thank’s Joe
Old 09-20-2020, 06:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I have a 39 that is a very similar set up to yours. I have 600 SCIs converted to 700's. With the 700's I was running the best with factory labbed Maximus 34's. I had to bump the limiters up to 6k because I would hit the 5400 RPM limiter at just under 3/4 throttle. With your 600's I would think either 32 or 34 15.25" Maximus. This past summer I tried, 32 Bravos, 34 Bravos, 36 Bravos, and 33 Max 5s. The best prop was the Factory Labbed 34 Maximus at 15.25". I am actually converting to SCX-4 drives and will be spinning cleaver props next year. I'm now at 830 hp and no way will a Bravo live with that hp. If you are interested, I'm going to list the 34 props I have. They may have 8 hours on them. Let me know If you are interested.
Thank’s, I’ll try Maximus 32 or 34 and I’ll write you
Old 10-06-2020, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Just to update what I posted above. I was told when I bought my boat that the boat had been converted to SCI 700s. I'm in the process of refreshing the top ends, and the engines are 600s as the cams are stock. With that said, the best I saw was 97 mph with the 34 factory labbed Maximus props. I was a little disappointed I couldn't hit 100 with 700's. Now that I know they are really only 600's, I'm happy to see 97.