Looking for a 20' cigarette. Just curious what's out there. Thanks

Top Answer

10-16-2020, 07:37 PM
offshoredrillin
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
I know a couple of people that are no longer here from boat accidents where the hull separated.... Was this one of the rare instances that you are not hurt more because the boat coming apart took up more of the energy than what you physically went through...

Amazing you are still alive! Count your blessings (and I am not religious)

* posted the answer when I wasn't looking
I agree 100%, im a karma believer. my buddy bobby b and i rescued a father and daughter under the bay bridge about 6 years ago, it came back to pay me... i know the risks and am not scared, i learn new things daily because i like to better myself.. there was nothing in this instance i could have done differently, people say its good people were there, the reason i went wide and was in that situation was because people were there. i didnt see the rollers, one person is at fault and im still able to talk about it. we take chances every time we go out, water doesnt give much, respect it but dont be afraid.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right hand drive, bravo would be nice. Not looking to spend 100k, not afraid of a mild project.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:04 PM
Registered

there was one on powerboat listings in new york for 18000
Old 09-26-2020, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I think there is a mint 20 for sale in mount dora , fl. Bbc/trs setup. High 30s
Old 09-28-2020, 08:29 AM
Registered

Thank you so much for the replies. I probably should have started by saying I have been reading on here for years, but this is my first post. I recently sold my fountain (24cs) on here as well. Thank you OSO. I am a fan of the little cigarettes and would love to own one. The boat on powerboat listings has been sold, and is currently at Lip Ship getting a full restoration. I have seen the progress on their IG account. I'm sure it will be amazing, but out of my price range. I'd like to see the one in Mount Dora, Any chance of a link or contact info? Pictures? I know the cigarette gurus on here have a wealth of knowledge. That's why I posted here instead of the wanted section. Again thank you for your help!
Old 10-01-2020, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowmotion1
Thank you so much for the replies. I probably should have started by saying I have been reading on here for years, but this is my first post. I recently sold my fountain (24cs) on here as well. Thank you OSO. I am a fan of the little cigarettes and would love to own one. The boat on powerboat listings has been sold, and is currently at Lip Ship getting a full restoration. I have seen the progress on their IG account. I'm sure it will be amazing, but out of my price range. I'd like to see the one in Mount Dora, Any chance of a link or contact info? Pictures? I know the cigarette gurus on here have a wealth of knowledge. That's why I posted here instead of the wanted section. Again thank you for your help!
I know of one here in Michigan. Its a mustard yellow and black 1975 20ft with a TRS. Asking 20K and they are not looking to budge much. Its kept on a hoist year around but is showing age.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
I know of one here in Michigan. Its a mustard yellow and black 1975 20ft with a TRS. Asking 20K and they are not looking to budge much. Its kept on a hoist year around but is showing age.
A link for reference??

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/294382761620863

Must be a different boat??

Last edited by 1960brookwood; 10-02-2020 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1960brookwood
Thats her. A friend went and looked at it. He passed on it because he didnt want to offend the seller with the price he had in mind for the shape of the boat. Stuff he didnt like was the lower exhaust holes just have stainless steel covering the holes. When they did the Hynotaic steering the factory steering arm was just cut off in a sloppy way, lots of random holes in the engine room that had stuff mounted at one point then removed, small spider cracks on the hull side from bouncing off a dock to hard. And he couldnt really inspect it all that well being its sitting on the hoist. Owner did take him for a ride and seemed to run good. Just a old boat, that needs some love.

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 10-02-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:05 PM
Registered

Thank you for the replies, I did see the yellow one on FB. Not a big fan of the left hand drive, and don't much care for the interior colors. 20k seems like a lot for that boat in my opinion. I have yet to find the one in Mount Dora FL. Does anyone have any info on that one? The search continues...
Old 10-06-2020, 03:09 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

May not be what you're looking for, but it's a real nice piece...
https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...I-O-unrestored

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.