2021 Cigarette Rendezvous - LOTO >

2021 Cigarette Rendezvous - LOTO

Notices

2021 Cigarette Rendezvous - LOTO

Old 03-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Zoom
Eddienel have you hooked up with anyone to go on a ride? I know you are bringing your boat but I am sure others here as well as myself would be happy to take you for a ride.
Your Fking up! You’ll be like damn how do I get rid of this red neck lol. No I havnt gotten that far into it yet but I promise I won’t turn down a ride. I would definitely love to and thank you so much for asking. It would definitely be a first.

On a side note I’m definitely wanting to check into tow boat company like Seatow or BoatUS. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 165 Posts
Talking

^^^ I do not have any experience with a tow company, Fortunately any time I had to be towed a fellow boater always helped me out. I have returned the favor as well. Many insurance companies also offer tow service for additional cost. I have heard Boat US was reputable.

Years ago I was on Lake Michigan we had a 357 Formula and were about 6 miles out, one engine died, I made it about 1 mile and lost the other, a guy and his family in a 68 tri hull with and old outboard pulled me all the way back, very embarrassing, but it was awesome he even stopped and offered. After that I never passed up a boater in need.
When it gets closer to the Rendezvous PM me and we can hook up for that ride.
The following users liked this post:
Eddienel (03-04-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 10:42 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddienel
On a side note I’m definitely wanting to check into tow boat company like Seatow or BoatUS. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Most people I know at LOTO that have towing insurance use https://tbusloz.com/membership-information/

For the most part, boaters at LOTO are always willing to help out another boater and I've never had towing insurance.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1Zoom
^^^ I do not have any experience with a tow company, Fortunately any time I had to be towed a fellow boater always helped me out. I have returned the favor as well. Many insurance companies also offer tow service for additional cost. I have heard Boat US was reputable.

Years ago I was on Lake Michigan we had a 357 Formula and were about 6 miles out, one engine died, I made it about 1 mile and lost the other, a guy and his family in a 68 tri hull with and old outboard pulled me all the way back, very embarrassing, but it was awesome he even stopped and offered. After that I never passed up a boater in need.
When it gets closer to the Rendezvous PM me and we can hook up for that ride.
You got it! Thank you again... Living on the water I usually tow 2 or 3 boats a year. My only rule is that I tow you to the closest ramp then I bring them to their truck. Way faster that way. Ill pm you my number shortly. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Griff
Most people I know at LOTO that have towing insurance use https://tbusloz.com/membership-information/

For the most part, boaters at LOTO are always willing to help out another boater and I've never had towing insurance.
Thank you Griff. Ill check into it. Im also planning on going to Orange Beach and maybe Vero so it will be nice to have that peace of mind. Ill definitely check them out and do a little homework on it.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I didn`t know about the Tonka state park, looks interesting.
The cold spring that comes out there is fun, especially on a hot day.
ICDEDPPL (03-04-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Your Fking up! You’ll be like damn how do I get rid of this red neck lol. No I havnt gotten that far into it yet but I promise I won’t turn down a ride. I would definitely love to and thank you so much for asking. It would definitely be a first.

I have BoatUS. With having a single engine and at times I can be 20 miles from my dock I don’t want to be dependent on the kindness of others. Helps that the tow boat slips directly behind me at LOTO and I’ve come to know the Captain over the last couple years. Cheap insurance. Now if I had twins (currently looking) I would not have tow insurance.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 03-04-2021 at 08:58 AM.
Eddienel (03-17-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I will add that being you are trailering down at any time you might have a failure you normally aren’t all that far from a marina or resort with a ramp to where if you can get a tow from a fellow boater then you can tie up and get a ride back to retrieve your trailer and then pull your boat. Or if you land at a marina with a mechanic they can either fix you up in the water or use a yard trailer to pull and repair if needed. So for this single trip I’m not sure I’d worry about tow insurance. I’ve towed many boats over the years and most boaters are happy to help when in need.
The following 2 users liked this post by Knot 4 Me:
Eddienel (03-17-2021), Griff (03-17-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 02:02 PM
Registered

All good info. I just hate to put someone out on their weekend off or vacation. I’ll check into BoatUS. Hopefully I’ll be making a couple out of town trips with the boat so the piece of mind will be worth it.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Per Jordan today at PBC they expect an increase of 20-25 boats for the Rendezvous. Appears that more than a few people have decided LOTO will be their summer home after visiting last year with the lock-out in other states of little effect at LOTO. Of course not all that bought second homes here own Cigs.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by tlark
Per Jordan today at PBC they expect an increase of 20-25 boats for the Rendezvous. Appears that more than a few people have decided LOTO will be their summer home after visiting last year with the lock-out in other states of little effect at LOTO. Of course not all that bought second homes here own Cigs.
I was also checking out homes and keeping a close eye on the market in LOTO all last year. Crazy how much the prices went up (of course, this is very true with lake Havasu and other destination places as well). But man, it seems LOTO really blew up last year or two. For those that bought last couple / few years there, you're all going to be sitting pretty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.