We’re now a 2 cigarette family.

Notices

We’re now a 2 cigarette family.

Old 09-02-2021, 07:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
Keep us posted as i am moving to the land of CC. Every other day i contemplate parting the Cafe out now instead of dumping more money into it & just find a nice CC to enjoy there.
depending what's in cafe is deciding factor of parting or not, in this market my top gun is definitely worth the same money if not a little bit more together and running it's got some really nice hardware.

I knew the 302 Scarab is a good riding boat for a smaller center counsel and they're fairly affordable so I went with that my body has had a couple of them and I always told him how good I thought it was for a small boat, hoping to do the reliability thing here lol

these pics are 2/3 of what I have broken the rest I never got pics of... made the decision real easy, hurts because I absolutely love my top gun but every time I go out and start beating it up Something Happens and if you can't beat on your offshore boat I don't want to own one. I just feel like I'm throwing more money at it than I'm comfortable doing.

Old 09-02-2021, 07:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
We made that switch in 2014 after I sold OldSchool II.....and haven't looked back! I have old cars and HD's to fill the "need for noise"!! The best part is that I haven't had a $20,000 lunch since 2014. You know, those days when you just want to take a boat ride for lunch....and then blow some chit up!
land toys help a lot!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Biff (09-21-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Love those, I will see how I like the CC thing and move on from there, the 302 will do the job for now...
The 302's are really cool boats. My daughter and SOL bought an 87 and an 09 or so I believe. Unfortunately, both were wet in not only the transom but the stringers. So he stripped both down to bath tub pulling transom and stringers out. In the process of putting new stringers in using CAD diagrams (pretty cool). They'll both be updated with new consoles, interior, fresh power, etc. They're both gonna be nice. But they'll sell both when complete. They're really happy with the Cig. Going to lay some SeaDek down, put a large new Garmin on the dash, re-do the bimini in dark grey (to match new SeaDek) maybe paint it or strip it to all white (though the colors aren't bad in person) and eventually put some new 350's or 400's. He actually is talking about trips. Who knows. I tell him our Cafe gets done first! LOL
Old 09-02-2021, 10:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Definitely most of these boats are wet mops, Mines rocksolid besides the soft spot over the gas tank by the council which is very common and a very easy fix, i'll deal with that over winter otherwise this thing is great A friend of mine did what you guys did completely go to the boat 100% and start it over, it's a beautiful boat now
thisistank (09-02-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellente' !!!
thisistank (09-04-2021)