Ocean Hawk - Cigarette >

Ocean Hawk - Cigarette

Notices

Ocean Hawk - Cigarette

Old 01-19-2024, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Ocean Hawk - Cigarette

I am looking at an Ocean Hawk CC that has been completely redone recently painted and has new interior all done with the Cigarette name and logos. The Hull in a 1994, what exactly is/was the relationship between Ocean Hawk and Cigarette?
Old 01-19-2024, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 3,022 Likes on 989 Posts

Cigarette leased then sold the 33 cafe open mold to them. Other than that, nothing. They were their own company and were still building up to a few years ago in south Florida somewhere. A member on here was involved with the company for a while.
Old 01-19-2024, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Cigarette leased then sold the 33 cafe open mold to them. Other than that, nothing. They were their own company and were still building up to a few years ago in south Florida somewhere. A member on here was involved with the company for a while.
So its not really a Cigarette in any way, just been painted and logo'd with the name.
The following 2 users liked this post by bigredbaja:
OldSchool (02-08-2024), Twin O/B Sonic (02-04-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
So its not really a Cigarette in any way, just been painted and logo'd with the name.
Cigarette mold. that's about the extent of that. But you see a few of the Ocean Hawks badged like Cigarettes, since Cigarette also built the 33 Cafe Open for a while. Sometimes when people update or restore an older Ocean Hawk they do all badging in Cigarette logos since it's the same boat built by two different companies. There are true cigarette built 33 opens and there are Ocean Hawk built 33 opens. HIN number will confirm which is which.
The following users liked this post:
sonicss42 (01-19-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Cigarette mold. that's about the extent of that. But you see a few of the Ocean Hawks badged like Cigarettes, since Cigarette also built the 33 Cafe Open for a while. Sometimes when people update or restore an older Ocean Hawk they do all badging in Cigarette logos since it's the same boat built by two different companies. There are true cigarette built 33 opens and there are Ocean Hawk built 33 opens. HIN number will confirm which is which.
Actually, the 12 Cigarette Cafe Opens that were built between 97-02 were built by Cigarette using the Ocean Hawk mold.

Also, there was a time in the 90's that some of the Ocean Hawks were rigged at Cigarette. They had the OH VIN on them
105Fountain (02-03-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Actually, the 12 Cigarette Cafe Opens that were built between 97-02 were built by Cigarette using the Ocean Hawk mold.

Also, there was a time in the 90's that some of the Ocean Hawks were rigged at Cigarette. They had the OH VIN on them
I thought the cafe open was derived from the cafe mold that was splashed and blocked. Maybe ocean hawk made the mold with an agreement to make
it from cigarette to use the cafe / mistress mold???

so much splashing and usage of others hulls in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. lol it all
blends together.

Last edited by thisistank; 02-03-2024 at 09:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by thisistank:
sonicss42 (02-04-2024), Twin O/B Sonic (02-04-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I thought the cafe open was derived from the cafe mold that was splashed and blocked. Maybe ocean hawk made the mold with an agreement to make
it from cigarette to use the cafe / mistress mold???

so much splashing and usage of others hulls in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. lol it all
blends together.
Nope... Here's the story that I was told. The guy who owned Ocean Hawk had to go to prison for 5 years. His name was Phil. Sadly, he has since passed away. It was his mold. I don't think that the mold had any relation to Cigarette, but, I'm going to be over in the Miami area tomorrow and will be around people who can verify. I'll ask. He made a deal with Cigarette that they would store (hide) his molds so that they were there when he got out with the understanding that they could produce boats out of the molds while he was in the pokey It's a 33 foot boat with a 8'2" beam. .

By the way, Tank... Congrats on the new boat!!! Ron is smiling "up there"

Last edited by OldSchool; 02-04-2024 at 07:36 PM.
thisistank (02-08-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

So, Here is ad for the boat that the thread started is referring to. I was in the area and went and looked at the boat, As mine was beat up by Hurricane Ian and is in need of a new paint job. I am also planning on repowering it. The ad and pictures make this boat look awesome..., but in the "real world", the boat is rough, very rough. As a matter of fact, my boat that got beat up by the hurricane is in better shape. If anyone wants to see the real photos of the boat, PM me your cell and I'll text them to you. I can assure you that if you travel more than an hour or so to see the boat in person, you are wasting your time and money.
Used 1994 Ocean Hawk Cigarette 33, 33020 Hollywood - Boat Trader
Old 02-08-2024, 08:47 AM
Registered

daughter and son in law will
sell theirs.

99 on an aluminum trailer. Nice shape. 250 EFI’s 77 original hours on the computer. Garage kept whole life. 2nd owner. 90k

Last edited by thisistank; 02-08-2024 at 02:56 PM.
hogie roll (02-08-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Nope... Here's the story that I was told. The guy who owned Ocean Hawk had to go to prison for 5 years. His name was Phil. Sadly, he has since passed away. It was his mold. I don't think that the mold had any relation to Cigarette, but, I'm going to be over in the Miami area tomorrow and will be around people who can verify. I'll ask. He made a deal with Cigarette that they would store (hide) his molds so that they were there when he got out with the understanding that they could produce boats out of the molds while he was in the pokey It's a 33 foot boat with a 8'2" beam. .

By the way, Tank... Congrats on the new boat!!! Ron is smiling "up there"
+1 That was how I remembered the story as well. I also thought I remember that the Ocean Hawk built boats were a bit faster than the same boat rigged by cigarette which was not suprising since cigarette didn't rig a lot of these boats. They are fast for their size, one of the fastest, some could hit 70mph with twin 300s. I will probably buy one some day. One of my favorite boats.