Attached Thumbnails Gladiators in Havasu!-img_0811.jpg  
Old 10-06-2003, 12:35 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
Nice boat pix!

Now, how about a little closer shot of the girl
You know Trout ... why did I know you would be the one to ask for that?

I'll think about it ...
Old 10-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go ahead Jeffery. I want to see the lucky lady too
Old 10-06-2003, 06:22 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

How do the boats handle in comparison to each other with the side-by-side and stagger set-up? Both running and docking scenarios?

(PS.....this is a rare actual boating related post by me )
I know ... very rare!

Both boats were set up with the drives turning inboard. Most of you who have ever tried docking with this setup versus outwards know the difference. If you don't know ... there is a BIG difference!

Most would automatically assume that the staggered setup with the props turning inwards would be an absolute nightmare to dock. Believe it or not - if you use one drive to maneuver it is almost like having a single screw. The drive - being staggered - is much more centered where it can actually move the boat around quite easily.

The non-staggered setup (like mine) is a bear to dock. The drives - spaced apart - and turning inwards don't want to respond to any input like you would expect. It takes some getting used to but eventually you determine what works and what does not.

I question the advantage - in terms of top speed - of this setup. I plan to test top speed with the props tuning outwards at some point.

In terms of running - my boat is more stable in nasty water simply due to the drives being spaceded further apart. We determined this in the Poker Run when we were running together in nasty water created from all the big cats ahead of us. Step hulls boat don't like other boat's wakes to begin with but I think they like them even less when they are in a staggered formation.

It is hard to determine the actual performance advantage. In most cases you would expect the staggered 525 setup to leave the side by side 500EFI setup way behind. But the advantage was a mere 2.2mph. Maybe Mike has yet to become fully accustomed to his boat and there may be another mile or so difference - but even then - I was surpised that there was not a larger advantge in his favor. He also has nose cones on his Bravos which I do not have.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:35 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Don't make me beg! (anymore then I already do ).
The beautiful young lady on my boat is someone very dear to me. She was someone important to me previously and has recently come back into my life.

I know Chad (and others) will ask about the other young lady (OC Hottie as Chad referred to her) that I posted a pic of before. Suffice it to say that she is not happy and not in my life anymore.

Here is another small bit of information ... the young lady pictured herein is also a member on this website. Her avatar flashes between an angel and a devil.
Attached Thumbnails Gladiators in Havasu!-img_0810.jpg  
Old 10-06-2003, 09:25 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Beautiful.....simply beautiful. I have to say, if her personality is half as good as her looks (and I have nothing to say it isn't), then you have yourself a real winner
Thanks! I think so. Her personality is every bit as beautiful as she is physically!
Old 10-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Jeffrey- the boats look great! i heard Havasu was off the hook!!! i can't wait to see the paint work up close! the numbers you are obtaining are quite impressive with a stock set up. having said that, when are the power upgrades coming??? FYI, Speedy is tucked away in the shop for the winter. i have a few small cosmetic projects planned for it.

wow, what a beautiful boating companion you have. i do admit though, your flavors change weekly. although, sometimes you can't get the taste out of your mouth and have to go back for seconds. BTW, why don't you send OC Hottie my way. i'll do my best to make her happy.....

jbk
Old 10-07-2003, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Thumbs up

Chad

Jeffrey,
Both of those boats are beautiful!! I love the paint and the way that they look next to each other What a pair!!!

Craig
Old 10-07-2003, 11:11 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Chad -

I just might send OC Hottie your way. We have TONS of them out here in ... OC!

Mike's girlfirend is a definite OC Hottie and I have his approval to share a photo ...
Attached Thumbnails Gladiators in Havasu!-img_0804.jpg  
Old 10-07-2003, 11:13 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Attached Thumbnails Gladiators in Havasu!-img_0813.jpg  

Quick Reply: Gladiators in Havasu!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.