need Cafe Advice

Notices

need Cafe Advice

Old 03-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need Cafe Advice

I am going to pick up my first Cig(94 Cafe with 502 EFI'S) this weekend. Survey came in excellent in every category.Nothing was mentioned about him checking for water in the hull. What kindof speed should I get. Any advice you guys can give me would be great. It has been in some salt. Thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Let's see some pics
Old 03-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would estimate in the mid 60's with that power.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would say VB is right. My freinds 89 Cafe with 420's & TRS's only ran a little over 60. It is a great boat, I can't wait for warm weather so I can get mine out.

Congratulations on you new ride.

Last edited by Offshoreracr; 03-02-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Registered

I like your name....Where is this boat coming from? Im sure someone on this board knows the boat, and could give you some history on it. Mr. Wonderful
Old 03-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default advce

The boat is in San Antonio, Texas, before that it was in Maryland and before that I think it came from Florida. The color is teal,Purple,blue, and that pinkish color they did 10 years ago.The graphics are the two lines down the side with the little squiggly mark at the back. It has the same lines down each side of the bow.Boats name has been Distraction. Will post pictures later. What props are people running. It comes with a 3 blade and a 4 blade , dont know the pitch. Will want to upgrade exhaust too.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Registered

hey slum, any thing you can ask, these guys can answer. is your boat from a private seller or is it from a broker. the're a few guys with cafe racers on this board, and many that had them on their way to a gun or a tiger. i run a 4 blade, with trs drives. tell us more about what the rig has, im sure someone knows the boat.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Advice

The boat has newer bravos. I am buying from an individual. The motors have both been rebuilt. We are going for the test drive in a couple of days. the surveyor will then do a compression check. Any advice on what else to look for.The boat is in excellent shape. How do I check to see if there has been water in the hull.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered

I think I remember seeing that boat for sale. What drives are on the boat? A 94 most likely has Bravo1 drives.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Registered

Default Re: Advice

Originally posted by slumlord
The boat has newer bravos. I am buying from an individual. The motors have both been rebuilt. We are going for the test drive in a couple of days. the surveyor will then do a compression check. Any advice on what else to look for.The boat is in excellent shape. How do I check to see if there has been water in the hull.
Looks like you answered my question on the drives before I posted it. A surveyor should be able to check the moisture content with a variety of different methods. Various hand tools and meters. I WOULD NOT buy a boat that had not been tested for moisture content. If the surveyor can't do that, find another surveyor. Water damage can turn into a nightmare to fix and there are several people on this board who can attest to that.

Once you get a good survey everything should be great. Good luck on your purchase!!! I love Cafe's...they really represent the classic offshore lines that I have always liked

Quick Reply: need Cafe Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.