38 flat deck >

38 flat deck

Notices

38 flat deck

Old 05-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 flat deck

Do any of the early 80's 38 Flat Decks have enclosed heads? Does anyone have photos of what the cabin looks like?

Russ
Old 05-07-2004, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Russ,
Did you go look at that teal and white Bullet? I was wondering what happened with it/what kind of shape it was in.

Not sure about the enclosed head on the flatdeck.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Registered

Hey Craig

I did go see that Bullet, it has a lot of good things and a lot of not so good. The power and drives are a definite plus, what is there would be an awesome place to start. The two main negatives are there is a very long list of small stuff that needs to be addressed. the other negative is the stress cracks. There are major cracks were the fuel fill pockets are they wrap around the top of the gunwale. the other crack that I am concerned about runs along the deck were the raised section of the deck meets the flat part of the deck. to fix this would mean repaint from the rub rail up. The owner is a real nice guy, had a good time talking with him. but for the money he is asking for the boat it should be very close to perfect. I am still thinking about taking another look when it can be put in the water but I don't know if a price could be agreed on. last thing I want to do is insult him with a low ball offer. but to pay close to his asking price and then do all the repairs I could buy something else a lot nicer.
just my .02
Old 05-07-2004, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Russ,
That's a shame The thing about finding a good quality old boat is that you have to look at alot of toads before you find the right one, but when you find it you will know right away!! Keep looking and don't get discouraged, it took me a year to find my princess But my wife and I couldn't be happier with our Bullet. I'll keep my eyes open for ya!!

Craig
Old 05-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Registered

Yep it's a good thing that I enjoy the hell out of boat shopping. I sure did not mean to say that this Bullet is a toad it just needs more than the selling price is willing to give me the ability to make this boat right and not be upside down. Impulsive buying is the worst thing a buyer can do.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Russ,
I had an enclosed head on my 302 Formula and you know what i like the head under the seat better. You can actually use it. Close the cabin door and its all private. My wife thought the same thing at first about having an enclosed head. She has no problems with the one now.

If you want, have your wife talk to my wife. And you'll have a Cigarette tommorow

Good Luck

Mark
Old 05-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Registered

Hey Mark

Missed meeting you at Hammond party, We are going to try and take a look at it comming home from vacation on Sunday Will let you know what it looks like.
How much power do these 38s need to be over 70mph with #3s???

Russ
Old 05-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Russ, You will need Approx. 600 H.p. to do 70. But you can do it anytime you want.
Sorry we missed you at the Hammond Party. We should have ours in the water this weekend!!!

Mark (Mr.Cig)
Old 05-18-2004, 09:34 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 38 flat deck

Ha Russ, My Mistress should be up and running with the new power this weekend. Let me know if you are interested. Bring your check book she needs a new home. I am getting antsy to get the Top Gun out. Doug
Old 05-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Registered

Default Re: 38 flat deck

Hey Doug
Will keep that in mind however I am going to persue this 38 untill the end. What happend to your power last year, I thought you were running good?
Can't wait to see the T/G

Quick Reply: 38 flat deck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.