Cigarette questions >

Cigarette questions

Notices

Cigarette questions

Old 08-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts
Default Cigarette questions

I'm seriously considering a early 90's Top Gun and decided I better get some insurance quotes prior to going further down the road. As I await their quotes next week can anyone give me a ballpark figure what I should expect to pay for seasonal Great Lakes usage ? My driving record is clean, I'm a 30 plus year boater presently own a Fountain aand only one claim for a stolen trailer about five years ago. I'm also approaching the upper end of the OSO age list !
Commercial Union my current insurer would not write the policy. Goldberg will only do a boat up to ten years old.

Also can anyone give me the link(s) to the multi-part Cigarette the Legend threads. There were three I think.

Thanks, ed
Old 08-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cigarette questions

Damn, imagine having Goldberg as your insurer!! I have Dusty Roads and he never calls me back when I have a claim......
Old 08-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Registered

Goldberg wrote mine, I'll have to look it up. Mine is a 97TG and fore sale by the way, it is close by. What are you looking to spend?
Old 08-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I'm seriously considering a early 90's Top Gun and decided I better get some insurance quotes prior to going further down the road. As I await their quotes next week can anyone give me a ballpark figure what I should expect to pay for seasonal Great Lakes usage ? My driving record is clean, I'm a 30 plus year boater presently own a Fountain aand only one claim for a stolen trailer about five years ago. I'm also approaching the upper end of the OSO age list !
Commercial Union my current insurer would not write the policy. Goldberg will only do a boat up to ten years old.

Also can anyone give me the link(s) to the multi-part Cigarette the Legend threads. There were three I think.

Thanks, ed
Ed,

Just got my insurance through Sy for our 1991 Top Gun. Thought it was very reasonably priced.

Cig the Legend thread Part 2 is in the Multi-thread forum. Part 4 is floating around the General Discussion area. Can't find part 1 & 3. If you do, please send me the link.

LS JR.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered

All kidding aside, the big question will be whether you want an agreed value policy or FMV.... I would guess with an FMV you will pay about $1-1500 a year.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

L.S.jr,
Thanks, I didn't talk with Sy only viewed his web site and that said no more than ten years old. I'll talk to him Monday.

JMackin,
I'm looking at a vey nice 91.

ed
Old 08-20-2004, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I have my '89 Top Gun insured with Sy Goldberg. Back when I bought mine he said he could handle it as long as I provided a survey.

$1500/yr inland lakes
Old 08-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

We have our '94 TG for sale. Totally rerigged with new supercharged engines and new #3A Super Speed Masters. PM me if you hvae interest.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 08-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmackin
Goldberg wrote mine, I'll have to look it up. Mine is a 97TG and fore sale by the way, it is close by. What are you looking to spend?
You selling that boat already?
Old 08-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sy handles my 1990 Cafe - river usage with some Ocean exposure - around $1700/yr.

Quick Reply: Cigarette questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.