Notices

Ivan who?

Old 09-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ivan who?

took her out today in true 6 footers out Haulover...no one was out there but us and did I have a big grin on my face....actually, mike's grin was bigger.....these TGs really handle the big water like nothing else....

If someone that I know had had his camera out there today, I could have had some very nice pictures of the skegs on my No. 5s to post for everyone's enjoyment.......oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for a calm day.....
Old 09-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: Ivan who?

Originally Posted by thedonz
took her out today in true 6 footers out Haulover...no one was out there but us and did I have a big grin on my face....actually, mike's grin was bigger.....these TGs really handle the big water like nothing else....

If someone that I know had had his camera out there today, I could have had some very nice pictures of the skegs on my No. 5s to post for everyone's enjoyment.......oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for a calm day.....
Ehh........ I hope you guys had fun!!! We'll be out in 6 footers today in something totally different. I can't wait!! I WILL have pictures though

Bobby
Old 09-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donz... Remember.. "It's not an Anvil.." hehe. That's what I like to hear. I take my boat out in 4-5 as long as they are not too far apart and just let her rip. I've read some posts about some bigger boats not wanting to go out in that weather but it's nice to see that someone is actually driving them the way they were meant to be driven !!!! Good luck with it and be safe..
Old 09-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Registered

pics, Bobby, pics!!!

FF,

thanks, we really had some fun, we were going nuts just looking at the boat and waiting to see what Ivan brought......decided to take her out for a while....it really wasn't that bad, though, I didn't take her past 3,800 rpm and we were flying at probably 65+....drives out only a couple of times and we turned back....enough for the first time until I really learn the boat's propensities....I have HUGE tabs and when its trimmed right, it flies straight and level......this week the throttles are getting the drive trim switches connected and I'm adding a tab trim switch as well........
Old 09-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool... That's a hell of a nice boat. You made the jump from a CC to a TopGun which is what I am hoping to do in the near future. The thing about any boat is really learning how to drive it. Every boat is different. My boat for example will run in 3- 4 footers (if they are close together and not swells) at 65+. But believe me, that took some getting used to. It took a good 4-5 times out on the boat before we knew how to get everything to work in tandem. We have jack plates, K-tabs, and trim to work with and it can get a little complicated at times. Any change to the boat can also change it's characteristics. I tried a set of 4 blade Hydromotives recently and we basically had to learn how to drive the boat again. We went back to the Merc Chopper IIs but I tell you it taught me a lesson. Good luck with it and get used to the boat. It is one heck of a boat and I have a feeling you are going to drive it the way it was meant to be driven !!

FF,

thanks, we really had some fun, we were going nuts just looking at the boat and waiting to see what Ivan brought......decided to take her out for a while....it really wasn't that bad, though, I didn't take her past 3,800 rpm and we were flying at probably 65+....drives out only a couple of times and we turned back....enough for the first time until I really learn the boat's propensities....I have HUGE tabs and when its trimmed right, it flies straight and level......this week the throttles are getting the drive trim switches connected and I'm adding a tab trim switch as well........[/QUOTE]
Old 09-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was out in "Primal Instinct" and "Nauti Kitty" yesterday in some fun water on Lake Michigan. All I can say is, straight bottom gun's should only have been offered with 6's and big power.

Thanks Kurt and Parnell for running the boats like they should be ran.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Registered

TS,

I hear ya, ...looking forward to Parnell bringing that Saber down to Fla some day soon...
Old 09-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rear shot of Primal Instinct from the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Ivan who?-grand-rapids-002.jpg  
Old 09-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like fun !
Old 09-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Registered

all i can say is wow there were a couple of times where the number 5's didn't know what water was, like they say " The American Offshore Legend" enogh said i would pay anything if anyone took pic's of us sat.

donz jr mike

Quick Reply: Ivan who?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.