Cig Pics Let's See em' >

Cig Pics Let's See em'

Notices

Cig Pics Let's See em'

Old 11-25-2015, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmb
It's all good!! Me and ICDED have a special bond on here lol. I'm sure we would get along great in person! I overheated mine on the Jacksonville run, sucked up a bunch of grass idling around. When I got up on plane and ran it a minute or so before I realized there was no water psi it was to late the engines were 250-260 degrees. Engines ran perfect when we shut them down but my warning system never sounded that's why we rewired the boat and went with the new dash cap to put the water psi gauge right in my face because for some reason I am consumed with watching the tachs..... There was no damage to my engines but we changed everything anyways just to be safe so it was still a full rebuild. Went through the trans too new clutches, seals and planetarys (Pins were a little loose) just to make the trans was ok. New coolers, New Distributors... Paint the valve covers again... yeah it sucked I will have eyes glued to the water psi gauge now!!

Sorry your boat went down you always have it running awesome, I actually think your blow by might just be water condensation in the oil from the oil temps not getting hot enough. But yeah that piston is done hopefully the others you can reuse the bores look like they might clean up in the pictures. Might not be as bad as you think.

verry nice ..
Old 11-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Easy cowboy! I was just wondering what went wrong so if it`s something dumb I could learn from it since you did such a nice job putting everything together. Didn`t mean anything by it.
Yup my blow by was bad, was planning on going thru the bottom end of one motor this year another next year till the distributor rotor came loose and detonated the other "better blow by" motor. Lucky for us we got to go till the end of the summer .

I`m pretty much done spending $$ on the boat so it`ll be sitting for a while. One day I~ll have everything new too..

hmm.great weekend in grand haven?? darn it get that bad a$$ ***** up and running!!

todd
Old 11-25-2015, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 4,349 Likes on 1,244 Posts

Todd it ran fine well past Grand Haven all the way to the end of the summer, glad about that. MMB yes you are correct that was mostly condensation burning off but there was a bit of blow by too. Most of the pistons look like that in port motor. I`m sure you`ve seen my warning panel lights, they`ve saved me a couple times when I kept throwing a sea pump belt and ran out of fuel, and one time when the fuel pump gave up the ghost.

I`m doing a knock sensor gauge at some point...
Old 11-26-2015, 02:22 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd it ran fine well past Grand Haven all the way to the end of the summer, glad about that. MMB yes you are correct that was mostly condensation burning off but there was a bit of blow by too. Most of the pistons look like that in port motor. I`m sure you`ve seen my warning panel lights, they`ve saved me a couple times when I kept throwing a sea pump belt and ran out of fuel, and one time when the fuel pump gave up the ghost.

I`m doing a knock sensor gauge at some point...
That gauge panel is awesome!! I have warning sensors for oil temps, water temps, oil psi, and the 4lb switch for fuel I added in. Everything will trip the port or stbd light on the dash along with the buzzer sirens.

Does the water psi switch turn off when your idling? Or does it stay lit up until your on plane? I was thinking about adding that in but not sure how it would react when your in no wake zones, definatly do not want the buzzer sounding off everytime I am idling around.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:30 AM
mmb
Registered

If the pistons look like that I would go ahead and take it to the next common bore size and get a good ring tension instead of cleaning the bore up a couple thousands since you are buying new pistons. Unless your bore size is maxed out then you have no choice....
Old 11-26-2015, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Last nice day of November. 70 degrees. Couple weeks ago.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Easy cowboy! I was just wondering what went wrong so if it`s something dumb I could learn from it since you did such a nice job putting everything together. Didn`t mean anything by it.
Yup my blow by was bad, was planning on going thru the bottom end of one motor this year another next year till the distributor rotor came loose and detonated the other "better blow by" motor. Lucky for us we got to go till the end of the summer .

I`m pretty much done spending $$ on the boat so it`ll be sitting for a while. One day I~ll have everything new too..

dan i did not read this close last night. a huge drunk front came thru last night and i was looking at it with 1/2 a eye ball. lol. i thought it was just 1 hole. that is a huge bummer dude. my best on the parts & problem hunt.

todd
Old 11-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Registered

Old 11-30-2015, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 603 Likes on 277 Posts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]548169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548171[/ATTACH]

Last run of '15. and put to bed.

3 seasons on the SCXs now and NO issues! Anybody even thinking about it - just Do It!
Attached Thumbnails Cig Pics Let's See em'-2015-11-25-12.31.30.jpg   Cig Pics Let's See em'-2015-11-25-15.01.44.jpg   Cig Pics Let's See em'-2015-11-25-13.22.13.jpg  

Old 12-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 434 Likes on 194 Posts

Finally got the boat back to my shop, just in time for 29 degree weather!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548427[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Cig Pics Let's See em'-2015120695153814.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cig Pics Let's See em'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.