Cig Pics Let's See em' >

Cig Pics Let's See em'

Notices

Cig Pics Let's See em'

Old 01-18-2018, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone.
Sydwayz - Bought the Cig April 2017. Sold the Sonic around the same time. Got over blue book. In all fairness I had every receipt from every oil change, repair, upgrade etc.. since we ordered the boat in 2003 brand new. It had just about every upgrade from Sonic you could order. Had a 3", 3 ring binder with everything a new owner would want. You know when people say "boat was maintained with an "open checkbook", in my case in was NOT an exaggeration! New owner brought a mechanic with who tried and question everything (to beat me down on price). When it was all said and the deal was done the buyer's mechanic told my mechanic (of which my mechanic shared with me after they left with the boat) "I know Steve is asking $10K over the Blue book price, but you know what ....... It's worth every penny!" So those stories of "hey this car (or boat in this case) was owned by a little old lady who only drove it on weekends and kept it immaculate". I AM that old lady, but it isn't BS it IS the truth. I'm the guy you want to buy a car, boat or house off of! Not arrogant just the truth. I told my new mechanic (here on LOTO) my (new to me) Cig will be like the story of the greyhound who was raced hard most of it's life (not beat on, just hard). I'm going to be that owner who will drive her hard once in a while but will baby her with all the care she (continues) to deserve. The new owner of my Sonic called some weeks after the purchase and paid me the nicest compliment. When I mentioned I bought a Cigarette from someone who treated it like I treated the Sonic they said "when you're ready to sell that Cig and if I'm ready to move up will you give me first right of refusal?!" This is a true story. If any of you are every on LOTO and see my boat, Say "hi"!
Thanks for listening everyone.
Steve.
p.s. Sydwayz. Didn't you have a Sonic, then moved up to a 37' Active Thunder (always loved that brand, reminds me of a Sonic w/o integrated swim platform?

Last edited by steve chalupka; 01-18-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:07 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Really getting tired of the snow and cold weather, come on Spring!!!
Attached Thumbnails Cig Pics Let's See em'-_dwp8539-x3.jpg   Cig Pics Let's See em'-_dwp8646-x3.jpg   Cig Pics Let's See em'-_dwp8649-x3.jpg  

Cig Pics Let's See em'-_dwp2336-x3.jpg  
Old 01-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Diesel
Really getting tired of the snow and cold weather, come on Spring!!!
That is a real sweet gun, I can’t beleive it sat that long for sale. You have it looking good
Old 01-20-2018, 08:26 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
That is a real sweet gun, I can’t beleive it sat that long for sale. You have it looking good
Thank you, I have to give the credit to VortechSS because he cleaned this boat up, he rebuilt both engines and put a new coat of paint in the bilge before I bought it Nov 16. Last winter I added a little color to some interior parts, but this winter I have went crazy with a whole new cockpit...
Old 01-20-2018, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Jim, sorry i didn't come say hi in Nashville, also wish I could have had my boat.

This was us:
Attached Thumbnails Cig Pics Let's See em'-img_20170804_230413_239.jpg  
Old 01-20-2018, 12:16 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Jim, sorry i didn't come say hi in Nashville, also wish I could have had my boat.

This was us:
That's okay, always this year!! I remember seeing that CC you were on, nice boat.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

One of my favorite shots!

Old 01-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Last edited by VortechSS; 01-22-2018 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Double post..
Old 01-22-2018, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Diesel
Thank you, I have to give the credit to VortechSS because he cleaned this boat up, he rebuilt both engines and put a new coat of paint in the bilge before I bought it Nov 16. Last winter I added a little color to some interior parts, but this winter I have went crazy with a whole new cockpit...
Thanks Jim! I truthfully think it is one if the best looking factory-paint straight bottoms out there. I do miss it but enjoyed getting it off the sidelines and back to making memories. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the updates you've got planned for this year!

Last edited by VortechSS; 01-22-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't posted here in a while, but have been continuously updating the '99 straight bottom Gun I bought last year (thanks to all here for answering my questions). New windscreen, stereo, injectors on port motor, bellows, cables, etc last year. This year new rear hatch vinyl (and new stitch Cig logo), sandblast and repainting swim platform (and adding ladder for the family), and props off to Bblades. Lots of little things that needed to be done... I'm the first 20 seconds in the below video (LOTO shootout poker run):

No real purpose to this post (just missing summer)...

Lou

Quick Reply: Cig Pics Let's See em'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.