Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
anyone have any information on this cafe? >

anyone have any information on this cafe?

Notices

anyone have any information on this cafe?

Old 09-22-2004, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have any information on this cafe?

Broker boat, dealer says the boat was only used in Dale Hollow and Lake Monroe. Anyone know anything about it? I may go look at it on saturday.

1991 Cafe carbon 70 boat.
Attached Thumbnails anyone have any information on this cafe?-mvc-701s.jpg   anyone have any information on this cafe?-73715083_3.jpg   anyone have any information on this cafe?-mvc-758s.jpg  

Old 09-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 3,079 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Default Re: anyone have any information on this cafe?

I believe it's already sold........
Old 09-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Registered

I just spoke with the dealer and they are urging me to come look at it.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered

It was on boattaderonline for a couple of months. There was another thread in here a month or so ago asking about it. The broker had it listed w/another red and white (non CF) boat, both boats were still listed with "SOLD" on them a couple of weeks ago. Now they are no longer on boattraderonline. Maybe the deal fell through. I remember the ad though because it said, "This boat has won national races" or something to that effect. Nice looking boat though. A bit pricey as I recall and those motors pushed through bravos???

Tank
Old 09-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Registered

Wish i could find the thread. I have concerns about the motors and the bravos also. I also have concerns about it being a race boat. All the interior is new and it appears to be in great condition. i don't understand the race part though. He told me it has never left Lake Monroe or Dale Hollow. Not much national racing there..... 89k asking on new Myco trailer.
My though on the motors is to look for someone wanting to upgrade from a couple 500 efi and work a trade.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered

The whole "Won national races" comment could just be the fact it's a Cigarette you know? The boat looked real clean too from the pics w/a sweet trailer. I'd say the price has a lot to do with the motors. 89k is a bit too much for a 91 Cafe IMHO. But the motors make the price worth it (assuming you have more $$$ to replace the broken drives! ). Next time you talk to them aske them about the race thing and why they listed the boat as sold on BTO. I assume the deal fell through though.

Also, according to Craig Barrie, the Carbon 70's just had visible carbon fiber in the engine compartment. Nothing else on the boat. They laid the Carbon fiber over the stringers in the bildge and advertised them as 70mph boats (though I guess they only did 68-69 w/the packages offered )

W/those 600HP in there that thing will do mid to upper 70's I would guess.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

You can have a 1991 38 Top Gun for the same price.........Carbon 70 too! New engines with 43 hrs on them. Sorry guys, can you blame me?

LS JR.

PS-Many OSO members have seen our boat. They know what kind of condition it is in.....
Attached Thumbnails anyone have any information on this cafe?-boat11.jpg   anyone have any information on this cafe?-engines12.jpg   anyone have any information on this cafe?-drives11.jpg  

Last edited by lucky strike; 09-22-2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lucky strike
You can have a 1991 38 Top Gun for the same price.........Carbon 70 too! New engines with 43 hrs on them. Sorry guys, can you blame me?

LS JR.

PS-Many OSO members have seen our boat. They know what kind of condition it is in.....

That was my whole point on the price of that boat.....You can get a gun for the same price & year. And no, I don't blame you!
Old 09-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
That was my whole point on the price of that boat.....You can get a gun for the same price & year. And no, I don't blame you!
Thanks

Last edited by lucky strike; 09-22-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tssteph
Broker boat, dealer says the boat was only used in Dale Hollow and Lake Monroe. Anyone know anything about it? I may go look at it on saturday.

1991 Cafe carbon 70 boat.
If you look elsewhere in this section, someone with 'fountain' something in their screen name stopped and looked at it and reported back on what he saw / found. Overall, not bad but its in need of stuff if I remember correctly.

edit: I think it was US1 FOUNTAIN that stopped and looked at it. He's in Layfayette, Indiana so he is close to it. Hope that helps

Last edited by Jamie B.; 09-22-2004 at 06:28 PM.

Quick Reply: anyone have any information on this cafe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.