Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
florida waterfront property/ boating.... >

florida waterfront property/ boating....

Notices

florida waterfront property/ boating....

Old 11-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default florida waterfront property/ boating....

looking to get out of the cold here in pa, looking to buy a waterfront home in Florida, i have spent alot of time in deerfield /lighthouse point area above fort lauderdale..prices are going up faster every week. last year i took delivery of a top gun and looking for options and what others are doing to boat year round..... rack storage at marina one or by shooters...?, lifts at waterfont home?, or fresh water inland lakes..... looking for the hot spots to go and i`m anal with my tg to keep it clean.... what do others do? any cig owners know of property for sale or options to boat in Florida let me know ! thanks pasunbum
Old 11-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: florida waterfront property/ boating....

We keep our Gun on an elevator in the backyard. If you can buy a house on the water I would do it. You can't lose becuase soon you won't be able to get water front property. There is a house on the intracostal that just came up for sale near us.

During manatee season, from our house, it's about a 25 minute idle to Shooters and a 15 minute idle to the inlet.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member

lucky strike....if you have any info or a contact on the property let me know. in lighthouse point the cheapest with one fixed bridge is 630,000 no fixed is 850,000 plus! thanks for your quick reply....
Old 11-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by pasunbum
lucky strike....if you have any info or a contact on the property let me know. in lighthouse point the cheapest with one fixed bridge is 630,000 no fixed is 850,000 plus! thanks for your quick reply....
This one is probably a couple million dollars. It was big. Nothing like boating all year round though!

LS JR.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know of one in gables by the sea,just pm me and ill put you in touch with it,he had a 40 foot cruiser docked out back so your cig should be fine.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Hey Pasunbum,

Deerfield is my Hometown. I know Deerfield and LHP VERY well. If you give me some ideas of what you want/need and a $$$ amount I'll find you a deal

Greg
Old 11-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

CASH BAR..... we looked at alot of property with realtors and in contact with them daily.here is a wish list. looking at a great south view of my 38 tg. maybe a tee of the canal , to see lots of water. pool no fixed bridges, garage to keep the harley and vette in.location is everything. house can need work or a future demo and build new. we looked at one in from intercoastal south canal view deerfield, liked very much for 1.3m i need to save a few more yrs for this one..looked at one on 51st. with a fixed bridge. good southern view. needs detail work, but would like no bridges...if we can buy from owner and keep the realtors out of it great. looking for a far price and not someone to make a yrs wages off me! thanks for any help.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:36 AM
Registered

FYI...Lots of banks are offering interest only loans that will get you into that million dollor home at an affordable rate...mine is 3.75%..the bueaty is you can pay down your principle at a much fater rate if you desire more so than with a conventional fixed 30. Down side is you have to have a bit of self control and not over extend yourself with that extra free cash you will have.....I have done these programs twice and with the increased rate of property values, I have always come out ahead...Just be careful and pick the right program and ASK lots of questions...Good Luck!
Jake1250
Old 11-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a waterfront property owner in Florida the other big expense is property taxes..... It is not unheard of for the taxes to be in the 36-50 thousand dollar range per year on waterfront. Better check what the neighbors pay on recent sale properties. Keep in mind that Florida has the "save our homes" cap on annual prop tax inceases... it limits the increase to no more than 3% per year but you must have the property homesteaded to enjoy this protection. All new home sales are subject to full valuation, so look out!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:53 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
...It is not unheard of for the taxes to be in the 36-50 thousand dollar range per year on waterfront...
And I taught insurance rates were high!!!

Quick Reply: florida waterfront property/ boating....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.