Gladiator Speeds >

Gladiator Speeds

Notices

Gladiator Speeds

Old 12-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Gladiator Speeds

as far as the sit to stand preference...in a v i'd rather stand...we ran from Manasquan Inlet to Hudson River in the gladiator...2-4's going (wasnt bad) ran about 70 the whole way...coming back 4-6's (with the occasional kicker) and my back was sore as **** the next day and i was in the front seat...people in the back take it much worse...BEEN THERE DONE THAT. As far as a cat much softer ride due to hull lift....cant compare the ride of the 2...just my .02
Old 12-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Registered

only way to run a sit down v comfortably in snotty water is drives tucked and tabs dropped otherwise you get punhished...in under 4' water i love the boat...a Corvette on the water
Old 12-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by bern's 29scarab
i've been in a Gladiator side by side with 575 sc's that runs 98 and some change...and Lucky Strike Jr witnessed it
Damn, I know we got our butt kicked but was it that fast?

LS JR.

We are also re-considering the Gladiator VS Top Gun. The winds start to blow down here in the Winter pretty hard (15mph minimum) and that is when we do a lot of boating (not so hot ) and I don't know how well the Gladiator would do in 4-6s.

How is the deal going on the Spectre Bern? Arnold just got in tonight and David will be down in the A.M.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Registered

tell Dave i'll keep a stool warm for him at frankies in Point...still contemplating cat deal, the whole insurance issue thing spooks me a bit. i dont need to sell my boat then buy one i cant insure...i'd be pissed. the day we played in the bay was a legit 94-96 mph day...best ever was 98 and some change...she'll break 100 next year. gladiator rides nice in the snot but not as nice as a gun...just not into the whole sittin down in a v thing. just cant imagine having 38 ft of boat with no cabin...i know i know sounds stupid...
Old 12-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Registered

tell Dave i'll keep a stool warm for him at frankies in Point...still contemplating cat deal, the whole insurance issue thing spooks me a bit. i dont need to sell my boat then buy one i cant insure...i'd be pissed. the day we played in the bay was a legit 94-96 mph day...best ever was 98 and some change...she'll break 100 next year. gladiator rides nice in the snot but not as nice as a gun...just not into the whole sittin down in a v thing. just cant imagine having 38 ft of boat with no cabin...i know i know sounds stupid...
What's wrong with having a 38 ft boat w/out a cabin . I ate at Frankie's when I was up there, it was two nights dinners for me! .

Ya, we all know from the seaside bridge to the Manalokin bridge (is that right?) is not enough time for a cat to pack enough air under the tunnel to get full speed. Next summer - Seaside bridge down the bay to Water's Edge. Loser buys .

Sorry to hear about the cat, I say go for it. There is nothing like the ride of a cat and this is coming from a hardcore Cig bro!

LS JR.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Registered

i'm between a 33-35 v and the 30 outboard cat. just the horror stories i keep hearing about insurance makes my head spin. unfortunately $$pockets$$ wont let me go any bigger...lol
Old 12-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Registered

and thats a deal ...Loser Buys...as long as i'm not in my 29 scarab...if i am then i'll be buying unless your only running Thunder with 1 motor
Old 12-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Registered

and thats a deal ...Loser Buys...as long as i'm not in my 29 scarab...if i am then i'll be buying unless your only running Thunder with 1 motor
Ok, ok. Tell Tommy to bring the Gladiator

Sent you a PM.

LS JR.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Registered

deal !!!!
sent you a pm as well
Old 12-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Some people think the Gladiator has a better bottom than a Topgun and actually rides better.Plus,it all depends on who is driving.I dont care how experienced you are,there are very few people,if anyone,who can drive a Gladiator or Topgun better and smoother than Phil.He can make that boat ride as nice as he wants.Like wise,take a Outerlimits out with Mike Fiore and he knows exactly what to do to make that boat the best ride you will ever have.The average performance boater as good as they may be,does not even come close to the talent of these guys.and thus cannot experience the full potential of these boats in ALL water conditions.

Quick Reply: Gladiator Speeds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.