Notices

42 Tiger

Old 01-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: 42 Tiger

Originally Posted by Joe
Wow! All I was saying (in a humerous way - which apparently didn't come across funny to you) was, if you're "really" considering to "make a large purchase" I'd first want to speak with the owner/broker of said boat to 1) verify it is still for sale - which woud mean calling the owner/broker. That's all.

Oh, and I agree - I would certainly bring your boat mechanic with you for the inspection/sea-trial. It's funny, even with the EFI's, how everyone's used boat seems to have less than 200 hrs. of use! hmmm... Can we say, "re-program computers"

Sorry if you were offended. It sure wasn't the intention! Happy Hunting! Post pic's when you make your large purchase "Smartass"
Are you sure the computers can be reprogrammed to show lower hours?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Are you sure the computers can be reprogrammed to show lower hours?
Yes. When I had my 500 EFI's rebuilt, I also upgraded the computers (rev limiter) to run 5400 RPM's. After the rebuild my mechanic plugged them in and they both read, "0."

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to ever REALLY know how many hours are on a boat - other than buying from someone with integrity (and we ALL know how hard that is to find in the boat biz! ). Needless to say, I was frank about it to the gentleman who purchased my 38.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking Re: 42 Tiger

Originally Posted by Sean H
he might of been seeking info from OSO so that he might not waste his time calling a dealer.... dealers are a PITA most of the time and won't give you straight info over the phone on the first phone call.... nothing wrong with getting a little advice on here before calling anybody, that is what OSO is here for....
I agree. Brokers are scarry people sometimes. Even the Florida brokers who are liscenced (it's amazing how they "didn't weren't aware of XYZ" so many things that surface AFTER the sale! FYI - I dealt with those guys (specifically, Bob) and had no problem. Ultimately, they didn't have the boat I wanted, but I was left with the experience of being treated honorably.

All I was saying was that before he got excited, hearing anything good (or bad), I'd want to know the boat was still on the market - that's all. Sorry for the fuss guys - By chance, are both of you Apache owners!

Yes, it's great we all have a place we can network together! With my last engine rebuild, the OSO'ers helped save me over 6k in headers, drives and gimbles (for brand new parts). Moreover, one guy didn't have access to a credit card machine, so he sent me $2500 worth of parts up-front for me to inspect (which turned out to be, just like he said, brand new!) and said not to worry - just send him a check if I liked the parts (which I did). Thanks, OSO!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Y2K boat, that is for sale, shows a true 136 hours on the 525EFI's ... they were installed in 2003. I bought the boat from Philly at Lip-ship in 01/04 with the computer showing 40 hours.

See signature for a link to my listing.

G
Old 01-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool Ride, colors make you eyes bleed but Imron can fix that!!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice looking Tiger. I love the engine hatch. And the paint scheme...Aquaflage

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 01-22-2005 at 08:02 AM.