Cig Questions >

Cig Questions

Notices

Cig Questions

Old 12-26-2001, 09:39 PM
Vonbongo

Post Cig Questions

Ok,

Help if you can, I am starting my hunt for a new boat. One on the list is a 31 Bullet. I know almost nothing about the 31 so I am looking for pro's and cons, power recomendations and also if it's somewhat dated who can do a new interior and at what cost?

I have located a few and some are nice and some aren't so nice, some restored some not. What is the weight of the boat approx, I have seen both Bravo's and TRS's and usually they have 425's in them.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I am also lookng at some 29 Fountains, and I already know if you remove the beak, notched transom, step and swim platform you have a 17 ft tri-hull, so please let me know the positives and negatives for the Cig's

Old 12-26-2001, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about a 38 Top GUN at bullit price check the classifieds
Old 12-26-2001, 11:21 PM
KN
Registered

Thumbs up

Hey Vonbongo

There is a 1993 31' Cigarette Bullet on E-Bay it's in the sporting good section under powerboats. It has carberated Merc. 502's with Bravo-One drives, there are lots of pictures, it looks pretty clean, good luck.

Kirk
Old 12-27-2001, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vonbongo, give the sales dept. a call at Offshore Performance in MD. The guy you may want to talk to is Hugh. He is very knowlagable about the 31's and may have a few for sale. 410-827-0200 x5 I think.
Tell him Pwrbt33 sent you, great guy.

Pwrbt33
Old 12-27-2001, 10:53 AM
Registered

That's a very nice 31 on e-bay, I think the reserve is a little high based on what I have seen listed on the for sale section here and on boat trader, I might e-mail him and see how serious he is.

Thanks for the link though!

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Von Bongo ]
Old 12-27-2001, 11:08 AM
Registered

Check out the one TNT has on boattrader. It's real nice. They were asking about the same as the ebay one, but it had a lot nicer dash/cockpit and 600hp motors. I made them an offer but turns out it's a brokered boat and they wouldn't take my trade.
Old 12-27-2001, 02:04 PM
Registered

I sent them an e-mail about it last week and never got a response. I wanted to know what they wanted w/o power.
Old 12-27-2001, 04:45 PM
Registered

I said I'd give them $55k w/o power. Then I was going to have the TNT shop add fresh 540's. The sc motor's in it have had a tempermental history, each rebuilt from broken camshafts which seemed kind of wierd to me. So I was only interested w/o power. I think that might have done it if I didn't have a trade to deal with. Good luck!
Old 12-28-2001, 11:57 PM
CSIHH

I SOLD MY 10 METER LAST YEAR AND GOT A BULLET. I WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR TWO FOUNTAINS. MUCH BETTER RIDE NOT QUITE AS FAST BUT MORE ROOM AND COMFORT. A BUDDY OF MINE HAS A BULLET WITH 502'S, PRETTY CLEAN BOAT THAT IS FOR SALE.

Old 12-29-2001, 11:33 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

I have had a 1989 Bullet for four years and the Negative is it is a Heavy boat and the Positive it is a Heavy boat and can take anything you through at it.Met a guy with a top Gun in the Miami Key West poker run who also had a Bullet he said he liked the Bullet better.
Mine has Bravos with 454 mags (365 Hp) Expect on a good day about 64 mph.
Have been through the Soo Looks and into Superior on it and it loves big water nice interior enclosed head is nic but small. The holdng tank is small and to put in a larger one looks pretty tough.

will post more later or e-mail me if you have any specific questions

klaw

Quick Reply: Cig Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.