Post your Oldschool ride! >

Post your Oldschool ride!

Notices

Post your Oldschool ride!

Old 09-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Post your Oldschool ride!

You have seen these before. Here is my 1982.
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-satisfaction.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-idle.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-running.jpg  

Old 09-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Its yellow alright!
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2006, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil M
Yes, I belive the dates are right - I purchased the boat with the thin plywood deck- and had the deck rebuilt - the biggest problem with this hull, was that the strakes were glassed on to the hull after it was popped from the mold - they did this to experiment with the position and width of the running strakes, It was just about impossible to keep the last 10 feet of the running strakes on the boat - they would come off in every race - and almost sank the boat in the "around Cape Cod" event in 1973.

here are some of the photos I have of the boat before I got it from Bertram - a steal at 1,800.00 (shipping to me was 1/3 of that) in addition.
Many thanks Phil. Very interesting informations and the two pics.
From this 36' was derivated the new and ultimate 38' I think,but the running strakes positions was different and the flank shortened,with a different deck.
Then this 36' raced with James in 1973 and with you when?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:53 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
From this 36' was derivated the new and ultimate 38' I think,but the running strakes positions was different and the flank shortened,with a different deck.
I raced it in Sports Class - in 1974 and 75 --
Old 09-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Cig, we'll run with you up there. Mackinaw City has a great ramp and plenty of parking. Mac Islandy has a very nice marina and I know you and Patti would have a great stay on the island.
St Ignace, just across the Mackinac bridge in the U.P., is a 5-minute boat ride from the island and has a beautiful new marina with floating docks.
Cheboygan, just to the east of Mac City, also has a nice marina with floaters.
De Tour is a nice run of about 40 miles from any of the above marinas and is a popular place with a nice boat ramp and marina.
you say the word and we'll run with you. See if you can get Quiet Storm to make the trip. I'll even offer to Freightliner his boat up here for him.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:01 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Marco - I was the person that filmed the 1992 UIM events in St. Tropez, Malta, Gurnsey, Ostende - I worked for the group headed by Walter Ragazzi - (a wonderful guy too) - I also produced the film of his winning in the UIM world Championship in Dubai in 1991 should you have seen it. The UIM footage was shot in PAL format - and I left it in Europe for them to edit -

It was one of my best filming seasons - filming with out the need to worry about who pays, who gets coverage and for how long etc. - What a time - and what a front row seat, watching over 30 open class boats all with in a couple of hundred yards of each other - Classic racing - that we seldom had here -

If you know how to contact Walter Ragazzi, please let me know - In those days - OFFSHORE was OFFSHORE - a sad day when it all ended in 1993. Be well Marco -

PHIL
Old 09-13-2006, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by bigandy
this forum has been around for ever it just used to be called the sutphen forum

Here is picture of a 1972 Sutphen that I owned from 1988 to 2001. I had more "fun" in this boat than should be allowed!!

This picture was taken in 1993. Both kids that are in the boat are now in College!
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-sutphenresize.jpg  
Old 09-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool

Here is picture of a 1972 Sutphen that I owned from 1988 to 2001. I had more "fun" in this boat than should be allowed!!

This picture was taken in 1993. Both kids that are in the boat are now in College!
What size is that Craig?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
What size is that Craig?
It's an 18 footer that I believe is/was called a "Grand Sport" or something like that. It had a 318 and a Volvo drive. I changed it over to a 340 (well.....acually I put 6 or 7 340's in it!!)
Old 09-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil M
Marco - I was the person that filmed the 1992 UIM events in St. Tropez, Malta, Gurnsey, Ostende - I worked for the group headed by Walter Ragazzi - (a wonderful guy too) - I also produced the film of his winning in the UIM world Championship in Dubai in 1991 should you have seen it. The UIM footage was shot in PAL format - and I left it in Europe for them to edit -

It was one of my best filming seasons - filming with out the need to worry about who pays, who gets coverage and for how long etc. - What a time - and what a front row seat, watching over 30 open class boats all with in a couple of hundred yards of each other - Classic racing - that we seldom had here -

If you know how to contact Walter Ragazzi, please let me know - In those days - OFFSHORE was OFFSHORE - a sad day when it all ended in 1993. Be well Marco -

PHIL
Ok Phil. I will try to find Walter Ragazzi.
I remember very well those years because I take a lot of pictures from the races.
You are right to say Offshore was Offshore.
I remember when in Viareggio in 1993 the race was cancelled because a stormy weather.
That year the old offshore style race,the Viareggio-Bastia-Viareggio,should have been the greatest races of ever,with a big battle between a band of fighting cats and mono across the Mediterranean Sea.
The storm ended a dream.....for ever.

Quick Reply: Post your Oldschool ride!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.