Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Post your Oldschool ride!

42 Cigarette
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-jahnboat.jpg  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this one will quailify since everyone seems to like to call it an old resin bucket
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-tonto-pictures-001.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-tonto-pictures-004.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-tonto-pictures-009.jpg  

Old 09-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Registered

42 Cigarette
Attached Thumbnails

TO: MrCig

What year was the 42 ft Cigarette you posted (dark colored hull).

I am intrigued by the lines of the boat, as the only 42's I am aware of pre-188 Revolution and Tiger are the pure race boats of the '70's. There was such a red 3-engined monster in Milwaukee at one time called 'Game Cock'. Perhaps you knew the boat. I don't recall any that look like your photo.

Thanks!!
Dave
Old 09-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Betty Cook's Scarab
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-bettyair.jpg  
Old 09-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 227 Likes on 89 Posts

Here is a gathering of old school rides.
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-bushmills0017a.jpg  
Old 09-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil M
Yes, Marco - I had the pleasure of interviewing Carlo Bonomi in 1989 - in Gurnsey - he was with Buzzi - in the cat that came to the Key West Worlds a month or so later - they sank the cat but had it up and running at Key west - Carlo a real class act - as was his son - say hi to them if you speak to them - You may have met me - I dont know - but attached is a photo of me - working - (actually it never seemed like work - it was just fun -)
No I think I have'nt met you. I did,nt the chance to take pics flying above the races never.
But it's possible that we met often in the paddock.
At that time I was always in Montecarlo and Viareggio races.
I was there when Stefano Casiraghi was killed in the second race of the World Championships in Montecarlo in 1990.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
No I think I have'nt met you. I did,nt the chance to take pics flying above the races never.
But it's possible that we met often in the paddock.
At that time I was always in Montecarlo and Viareggio races.
I was there when Stefano Casiraghi was killed in the second race of the World Championships in Montecarlo in 1990.
Yes, Marco - I was there too - filming for a company called Advanced Pacific - they leased a boat from Walter Ragazzi - and I was filming for them - the first race went well - the second race with in 15 minutes of the start the accident happened - and the rest of the events were canceled. - We probably saw each other in the Dry pits - where the boats had their engines changed between races. It brings back many memories - the Italians surely knew how to create Offshore Races - and they did them in style - they would run in packs - not string themselves out- they knew who they had to beat - and it was winning with the least effort - not running away from everyone - it was truely fun to film them - as they would stay together and make it very interesting and fun to watch as well as film. Oh, what memories - here in the USA - we have had a few events like that - where two or three boats would compete close to each other - but usually the boats are strung out like a string of pearls - each just running in circles - just to complete the required number of laps - In Shore racing as taken over - the Truly Offshore - where its a battle of who goes over the biggest wave, and who can hold on tight - as well as navigate - well thats all gone - now its all Chrome and Polish - not real open ocean racing as it was in the past -
Old 09-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tg hawk
42 Cigarette
Attached Thumbnails

TO: MrCig

What year was the 42 ft Cigarette you posted (dark colored hull).

I am intrigued by the lines of the boat, as the only 42's I am aware of pre-188 Revolution and Tiger are the pure race boats of the '70's. There was such a red 3-engined monster in Milwaukee at one time called 'Game Cock'. Perhaps you knew the boat. I don't recall any that look like your photo.

Thanks!!
Dave

I don't know what year it is but if you go to Bam's Web site there are more picturs of it there. It is a great looking boat.

Mark
Old 09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Phil M,

You are so right. They should just change the name now to Sport Boat Racing rather then Offshore Racing. Running offshore and having to really navigate was a great equalizer and many a races was won by a team that could navigate and wasn't worried about running in the big water offshore where it took more then just speed to win. Makes you
wonder how many can read and chart out a offshore course anymore?
Thank you
Jim

Last edited by dammmagnum; 09-15-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered

This used to be mine. 1976 Magnum Sport
Just sold!
Attached Thumbnails Post your Oldschool ride!-enahemow107.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-dsc00096.jpg   Post your Oldschool ride!-enahemow108.jpg  

Quick Reply: Post your Oldschool ride!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.