Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
What happened to all the TIN boats?? >

What happened to all the TIN boats??

Notices

What happened to all the TIN boats??

Old 02-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What happened to all the TIN boats??

Anyone have any opinions on how a 38' CUV drives compared to a 38' Top Gun (especially in say 4' - 8' seas)?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

I sent you a PM
Old 02-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Thanks Patrick. I received it. I just emailed you back. You should have my direct email address now.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
that is correct...It looks like Harold "Smitty" Smith with his helmet off, the throttleman/crew chief. He's also my son, Darren's, favorite all time throttleman (see the two of them pictured below), and they had a truly special bond....may he rest in peace.

T2x
Ted and Smitty
Attached Thumbnails What happened to all the TIN boats??-ted-t-smitty.jpg   What happened to all the TIN boats??-82-peter-s.jpg   What happened to all the TIN boats??-83-peter-s.jpg  

Old 02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Lee KEEP THEM COMING I"M GLADE TO SEE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT KEEP THIS STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Lee KEEP THEM COMING I"M GLADE TO SEE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT KEEP THIS STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's one I haven't seen on here.
Attached Thumbnails What happened to all the TIN boats??-68-cowes-don-francesco-cosentino-tornado.jpg  
Old 02-10-2007, 12:30 PM
kim
Registered

Originally Posted by MadMike
Anyinfo what happened to the In 1991 UIM Raced Cougar Cat NOTAREAL?
The NOTAREAL 42' Cougar Cat is in Finland. It's been refitted with a new deck and from what I hear it's for sale. Kim
Old 02-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Some years back, I picked up a 19' deep V that was made of heavy-gauge welded aluminum. Was rigged with twin Merc outboards. The entire deck and sides was engine-turned, then finished in a transparent finish. Boat was mid-60's vintage. The story went like this- the person who originally had it built owned Alliance Mfg. (Genie garage door openers) and had it built to run Miami-Nassau. i couldn't imagine doing that in such a small boat but they seller had tons of pictures that suggested the story was true.

The one thing I remember best- the boat had no strakes- just 24 degree aluminum plate bottom.
Sounds like it was a Maritime>
Old 02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Sounds like it was a Maritime>
Definitly a Maritime, when I was a test driver for Mercury in Sarasota Fla. 1967 we had one as an endurance boat, we ran it with a 225 Mercruiser small block chevy I think was 283 cu.in. with the old number two drive that used to swivel all the way around out of the water, One of the coolest boats of the time, similar boat was a formula Jr. same size almost looked the same, I have a lot of great memories driving them, wish I could find them again, could be great project boats. One of my first race boats was a 21` Seacraft with twin 110 hp outboards factory Mercury boat, My first race was 50 miles long in St Pete. My second race was 582 Miles Bahama 500 one stop for fuel, same boat 21` Seacraft from over 70 boats that started I finished eigth overall, first outboard the first day. Since so many boats got lost or broke down, they made it a two day race so that everyone could get a finish. So 19` to 20` boats were raced, and not like races of today. we ran the same course as everyone else, usually over 150 mile course. I was scared the first time I ran my Seacraft through the Kilo at lake X at 48 miles per hour, white Knuckled. That was the start of it all for me, rest is as they say history. 7XCHAMP
Old 02-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered

The 19 foot ali boat was probably Maritime 02 raced at COWES in 67 same year as Momma Maritime ,had 2 evinrudes then.
Mike
THUNDERBOLT

Quick Reply: What happened to all the TIN boats??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.