Notices

systems

Old 10-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default systems

I saw Bobby Kiser at a party last summer and he told me the old systems boat is in FL somwhere

does anyone have old pics or recent ones ?? anyone know where it is

It is on my list of desires to have as a poker run boat

lots of upkeep with aluminum hull but ilove that boat

any help out there??
Old 10-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: systems

What Systems do you talk?
There was two Cougar tin cat of Bob Kaiser: the first was a 38' former Sprinter of 1985. It's the most famous of the Systems ,winner of the National Title in 1987. Then,from 1989,Kaiser raced with a new 40'.
After the debut on Open class in 1983 with an Active cat 37' former Lee Bomar's Wolverine,Kaiser bought the Cougar 38' from Viv Williams and with Errol Lanier to whom he raced in 1983,and with the name GK Systems raced in 1986,in 1987 like ACR Systems,in 1988 like Swiftsure,Chevrolet and Systems and always with Lanier to the throttle.
In 1989 Kaiser changed to a new Cougar cat 40',sold the old 38' to Scheer that renamed it Assault Scheer Delight/Melons and Thoroughbred in 1990-91.
With the 38' Kaiser-Lanier won 6 races ,1 National championsips in 1987 and a World Cup in Open 1 class in Key west 1986.
The new adventure with the 40' didn't go well with only a victory in 3 years. The experience with the Gentry Turbo engines in 1990-91 was full of DNF. In 1989 the 40' was named Systems,in 1990 Gentry Turbo Eagle and at least in 1991 Excalibur.In any case always with a black painted boat.
I don't know if the 38' continued to race after the 1991. With the 40' Kaiser raced again in 1994 come back to Systems name and MerCruiser engines but turbocharged.

Before became the Kaiser's boat it was Sprinter. Key West 1985.

1986 GK Systems before the cockpit modifications.

1987 ACR Systems with the new canopyand the cockpit withdrew removing the rear little places.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 10-12-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Registered

In 1988 Kaiser-Lanier raced initially with the boat named Swiftshure Motor Yacht...

..then Chevrolet Marine Power...

...at last in Key West in the old traditional Systems.

I haven't pictures of the boat after that Kaiser sold it to Scheer in the versions Assault or Melons. Here the only one like Thoroughbred found in a old thread on OSO.

Note the little modified on the deck in front of the cockpit.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered

Concern the Cougar 40'

The first version in 1989. Note the "shark nose",the clear deck without rivets and reinforcement barrel and the deck cut in the beam.

Anothers shot taken in 1989 powered with MerCruiser turbocharged and two big fins.

1990's season powered with anothers turbocharged engines but now the Gentry Eagle.

The 1991's version with the Gentry Turbo. Key West. The "shark nose" is disappear.

I don't know what boat Kaiser told you,but If you will find it and buy you've a lot of versions to choose.
Where is now the boat I cannot help you because I don't live in Florida. Sorry...and good luck!

Last edited by Black Tornado; 10-12-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:22 PM
c12
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that last picture is from the 1889 worlds in Atlantic City NJ
Old 10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I remember they were trying some crazy turbocharged small blocks without a lot of success. I have an awesome Freeze Frame Video from the 1987 worlds in Key West with ACR Systems hangin it out but I believe they broke and Steve Curtis in Cougar won. It was also the year Pete Hildago made the rest of the modified class look stupid in a 30 ft Shadow cat with United Racing engines.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by c12
that last picture is from the 1889 worlds in Atlantic City NJ
I think you are right.
I had some doubt about it and after that I had see the new fins and some difference in the shape of race number and sponsors I though maybe is the 1994.
I have rectify the mistakes. Many thanks!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a copy of his promotional video, it showed one full year of racing (not sure the year) it is way cool and i need to convert it to DVD as it is getting worn

The 40' is the boat i am most interested in. Something about that boat just pulls me in

I remember Kaiser sitting in the boat in Grand Haven talking to Chuck Norris about racing and i just stood there like an idiot and stared I was so in awe

By that time I had my second boat (21' Scarab) I was hooked and since then have had a number of offshore boats but nostalgia is kicking in and i am looking to possibly make my next boat a project/classic boat

Everyone else was over by Don Johnson and my son and I were all alone with Norris and Kaiser ahhh the days

Thanks for the pics they are awesome!!!!

Marc
Old 10-12-2006, 04:37 AM
Registered

Bob Kaiser was my favourite american driver that years. I remember when in 1987 him boat and a few others came with the new jet fighter's canopy. I liked so much that Cougar 38' with the cockpit so withdrew,black and silver....showed power,speed.
That years Kaiser duelled a lot with John Antonelli in the red Spiit of America a sister boat of Systems but with the canopy too big that showed it less beautiful.
And then the throttleman was Lanier,the Master of the cats.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

I Know There Is A Black Tin Cougar Not Rigged Right By Me..........the Guy Has Been Talking About R Igging It But I Dont Think He Will.............it Is A 38 Or 40 Northline Road Between Pelham And Dix.........in Taylor

Quick Reply: systems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.