Notices

For Old Racers......

Old 10-31-2006, 10:23 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default For Old Racers......

Courtesy of champion outboard Formula one racer, Mark Rotharmel.
Attached Thumbnails For Old Racers......-old%2520timers%2520c.jpg  
Old 10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Re: For Old Racers......

Rich...Thank you so much for that!...I'm sure we all share those feelings.

Reminds me of the line from the Steve McQueen movie, Le Mans.

....." Racing is life....all else is just waiting."
Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Rich,

Paul Newman is still going strong at 82. And beating a lot of the younger racers
Thank you
Jim
Old 10-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

That rings a bell
Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Courtesy of champion outboard Formula one racer, Mark Rotharmel.
Rich: that poem pretty much says it all, I have tried to go to some of the races, especially Key West where I have so much history, but can not afford the VIP passes @ $300.00 plus per person to be able to sit with the people in the know, I asked for passes and was turned down and asked for my credit card info. for billing. Thank you John C. After some deliberation, I cancelled all plans for my wife and I to ever attend Key West races again, I guess all history comes to an end at some point, I hope to write my book sometime. 7XCHAMP
Old 11-01-2006, 01:31 PM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Rich: that poem pretty much says it all, I have tried to go to some of the races, especially Key West where I have so much history, but can not afford the VIP passes @ $300.00 plus per person to be able to sit with the people in the know, I asked for passes and was turned down and asked for my credit card info. for billing. Thank you John C. After some deliberation, I cancelled all plans for my wife and I to ever attend Key West races again, I guess all history comes to an end at some point, I hope to write my book sometime. 7XCHAMP
I know what you mean - J C - has a price for everything - guess thats why - I dont go there too - and while filimng years ago - it got to the point that he almost had to be paid off in order to fly over airspace that was free for all - its called playing in the "public Domain" - no wonder there are several "world Champ" events -

In the early years - like when the Routboards, Wishnicks, and Magoon were around - they wanted the exposure - they would do anything to help people like me - or anyone to enjoy the boat races - ie: the Clidesdale Horses or Blue Angles - etc. - Can't blame you - or anyone for not going to Key West -

my two cents - but at least those that wanted me to film - still can view the tapes -

Phil

so much for KW
Old 11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
skrap
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Phil M,

Are you still selling the "old school" DVD's or do I have to contact T2X? I got a few from you over the years and would like to purchase a few more. Please advise.

Thanks,

John
Old 11-01-2006, 02:45 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by skrap
Dear Phil M,

Are you still selling the "old school" DVD's or do I have to contact T2X? I got a few from you over the years and would like to purchase a few more. Please advise.

Thanks,

John
We have all of Phil's excellent tapes........

You can PM me for specific races.

T2x
Old 11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
PHIL
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skrap
Dear Phil M,

Thanks,

John

T2x - beat me too it - YES - Darren is the guy to speak too - T2X takes orders - (also does what Darren says to do )

um..... although, when he was jabbering away with us - it was hard to get a word in edge wise ! but it was fun - I still to this day - wonder what color that Bouy was in California - Red, or Yellow - or what - haha ! go figure Richie !

PHIL
Old 11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Thatīs like charging Richard Petty to get into the track at Daytona!!!! What a shame itīs come to this.......

Quick Reply: For Old Racers......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.