Notices

burn baby burn

Old 01-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: burn baby burn

I will talk to Dave [Ygrowup] and see if he has any more.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help, appreciate it very much.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Registered

Bad Girl Ken, any way that you could get some photos to post of the boat's current state? Does it still have that wild '80s paint job intact?

I think that boat is a knockout, then again, I own two Camaros...
Old 01-17-2007, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

yes , it still has the same paint job. however it is not in the best shape. I has degraded over the years. The boat has been been in storage sitting disassembled with all the original parts for about 17-18 +yrs. No moters to speak of. Past owner has done some nice glass work and added a fairing. New owner wants to add more seating like a 6 pack. Will work on pics.
Ken
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

Thanks Ken!

Anyone in-the-know what to tell me what this boat is? The deck and cockpit are very different from the mistresses I've seen. The cockpit is much shorter between the hatches and the windscreen and it doesn't have the v-windshield like the standard mistress nor the more vertical race fairing like the racier mistresses.

The deck looks like the old 36' Widebody deck, but it clearly isn't as wide as the widebody. The Cockpit area looks like the widebody cockpit too, but again the area between the cockpit sides and the deck edge are much narrower (compared to the '72 that's in the classifieds).

Is it a 35' or a 36'?

I love the look of this boat. If I could figure out what it was, I'd start keeping my eye out for one...

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Thanks Ken!

Anyone in-the-know what to tell me what this boat is? The deck and cockpit are very different from the mistresses I've seen. The cockpit is much shorter between the hatches and the windscreen and it doesn't have the v-windshield like the standard mistress nor the more vertical race fairing like the racier mistresses.

The deck looks like the old 36' Widebody deck, but it clearly isn't as wide as the widebody. The Cockpit area looks like the widebody cockpit too, but again the area between the cockpit sides and the deck edge are much narrower (compared to the '72 that's in the classifieds).

Is it a 35' or a 36'?

I love the look of this boat. If I could figure out what it was, I'd start keeping my eye out for one...

Thanks!
The boat you are talking about is a staggered engine 35` race boat, same as the race boats of that era, ie: Benihana, american eagle, Dry Martini etc. The guy that used to own it, his name was Ron not sure of last name, he was the one with Richie Sapulla who copied a 41` apache, cut it down put a canopy on it and crashed it pretty bad in a testing accident boat was called Cigar. Back to the 35`. The deck and cokpit was like the widebody 36` because it was the same deck. Don used to set the 36` race deck on the 35` and cut the edges off to fit the narrow beam, most of them were slightly off center, depended on the day the deck was put on as to how straight it was. Don never built a race deck for the 35` race boats. I was the one who modified the old square box hatches from the 40` widbody deck to fit the 35` race setup. I`m not sure of origin of Burn baby burn, It may have been Billy Mcdonalds 35` race boat. 7XCHAMP
Old 01-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered

Thanks Richie. Nice to get some info from the guy who made the Cigarettes smoke, so to speak!

So I'm guessing that it's fair to say these things are somewhat hard to come by compared to finding an old mistress or 36'. How many were out there originally?

From the looks of it, the boat is similar to the Bounty Hunter that Billy Martin is running right now. Is that correct? (Edit - I finally saw better pictures of Bounty Hunter, I'm guessing it's a widebody 36' not the narrow 35' like this boat).

Thanks again!

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 01-18-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

So whats the latest...... Would love to see the current condition.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts
good call fire up the pics................
Old 07-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Any news on Burn Baby Burn?

Quick Reply: burn baby burn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.