Notices

Don Aronow question

Old 12-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Don Aronow question

He is a Legend and deserves a memorial.. I would think a petition to the town fathers . What about cig. they sell a few 500K boats because of the name. Id be on it if I didnt live in NH
Old 12-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by littlenige
Charlie, I think the idea of covering the history in photos of the development of each boat company that he started is a great idea.
Here here and include the race stock
Old 12-28-2006, 03:44 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Unfortunatly no one would ever have a clue, other than the old hold out of Magnum Marine on the corner, and the vacant wooded property on the end of the street, which was next to Bobby Moore/Aronow shops. HISTORY literally. I f we could scrape together 18 or 20 million we could buy the end piece owned by Magnum and do our Museum approx. 5 acres that Magnum owns. Figure couple more million for buildings and 1/2 mil a year to sustain it. I`ll chip in the first $100.00 and would like to be considered for the job of curator and founder.
Happy New Years thoughts. 7XCHAMP
Hey Richie, It´s incredibly sad to think that the folks who run the city of Miami did not see fit to recognise the historical importance of the Aronow legacy. Maybe we should at least petition the people that matter to create something in his name. What do you think? And do you have any idea of who to contact??
Old 01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I spent yesterday in NY with Michael Aronow, comparing information on what HORBA has in it's files and what the Aronow archives have.....there are tons of unbelievable stuff between the two sources.

We would like to do a tribute to Don in 2007 as he would have been 80 years old, if he had lived this coming March 1.

What would you, the people like to see?

We have everything from childhood photos to early racing shots and actual movies of him racing both here and overseas.

One idea was a book containing 80 photos, that had never been published before. Another was a history with photos of the development of each boat company that he started.

Please help with your suggestions, as we would like to get this organized and up and running soon after the first of the year.

Thank you for your interest and suggestions. You can write to us directly at www.historicraceboats.com or post an answer here on OSO.
Charlie,
I would think a lot of people would be interested in the boat companies he created, as to how many hulls,production dates, identification numbers from the 1970-1980 era, who the new owners was etc since we do not get any support or answers from the present owner of Cigarette boatbuilders. I assume this would be legal beeing so many years ago.

Or if Michael would set up a service we could pay for asking spesific questions regarding the hulls we own now?

Reg Joern
Old 01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 36widebody
Charlie,
I would think a lot of people would be interested in the boat companies he created, as to how many hulls,production dates, identification numbers from the 1970-1980 era, who the new owners was etc since we do not get any support or answers from the present owner of Cigarette boatbuilders. I assume this would be legal beeing so many years ago.

Or if Michael would set up a service we could pay for asking spesific questions regarding the hulls we own now?

Reg Joern

I agree.....I'd give my left leg to know some real history on my Magnum.

Aaron
Old 01-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Magnum and Cig should have the records from the old days, they are a part of the companies records and follow the co, not the owner.. On the Donzi board we have been sucessful in uncovering a LOT of the older boats details, there is some darn cool info out there...

Tboat row is in Aventura now, not Miamuh..
Old 01-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott B
Magnum and Cig should have the records from the old days, they are a part of the companies records and follow the co, not the owner.. On the Donzi board we have been sucessful in uncovering a LOT of the older boats details, there is some darn cool info out there...

Tboat row is in Aventura now, not Miamuh..
Oh, I tried several attempts to the Cig factory, not as much as a reply, and I know others have been treated the same way.

I guess it would solve some of the hassle if HORBA could get them to cooperate on the board.

Reg Joern
Old 01-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnum says they don't have anything......I guess I believe them?

Aaron
Old 01-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

When I was at the Cig factory last August, I was told that they had "boxes & boxes" of records in the back with the old Cigarette info and send a person back there to research once a month, the problem is that they are not filed in any order and have to go thru each box. They did take my hull number and said they would contact me with any info in a couple of months, that was 6 months ago, nothing...
Old 01-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

A friend of mine and Cigarette owner went back to Thunder Boat Row in it's last days and claims to have found the original bill of sale to his Cig that he bought used, he said their was all kinds of papers around the dumpster, that may be what happend to a lot of the old records. I believe Cigarette was still building boats till the last day's one step ahead of the wreaking ball? The move my have been a hasty one and some records lost,, just a thought !!!

Quick Reply: Don Aronow question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.