36` Cigarette Copper Kettle

Notices

36` Cigarette Copper Kettle

Old 12-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 36` Cigarette Copper Kettle

Does anyone know where it is. I remember a young Doctor, Dr.Bob Gingold had her and kept her completly original, I`m going back into the early 1980`s when I saw him last. He was a really good guy, a groupie, loved hi power things, had a really cool Cadillac that Rahilly and Grady built for him, like 600hp or something cool, we were good friends, He used to come to my shop all the time when I had American Eagle, Benihana, and Michelob teams. I would love to know what happened to the boat and to him. If anyone knows we should contact him to let him know about the Forum gang. Last I knew he was in North Miami, Let`s find him. 7XCHAMP
Old 12-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 36` Cigarette Copper Kettle

Hey Champ, i believe Sandy owned a bertram which he sold to Howard Quam, also owned a scarab, cig, tempest and a gara. I know one of those ended up to a guy living in a cleveland suburb. I have to stop down @ Copper Kettle marina in the next week i'll ask the guys in the shop if they have any info.

Jeff
Old 10-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copper Kettle

This is a response to an old post, but thought it might be interesting. Sandy became good friends with my dad who at the time, was president of the Chamber of Commerce in Pt. Pleasant Bch. I do know some facts regarding the boat. The facts are: Sandy owned a restaurant in Cleveland called the Copper Kettle. Apparently he sold it to persue racing. One of the boats was a 40' Corsa. And I believe there was also a 36' Ciggarette.

Now if my math is correct, it would put Sandy at about 86 years old. However, if you Google him, he seems to be still active in racing??? Perhaps it's his son. And there are references to the Copper Kettle Marina in Ohio.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Does anyone know where it is. I remember a young Doctor, Dr.Bob Gingold had her and kept her completly original, I`m going back into the early 1980`s when I saw him last. He was a really good guy, a groupie, loved hi power things, had a really cool Cadillac that Rahilly and Grady built for him, like 600hp or something cool, we were good friends, He used to come to my shop all the time when I had American Eagle, Benihana, and Michelob teams. I would love to know what happened to the boat and to him. If anyone knows we should contact him to let him know about the Forum gang. Last I knew he was in North Miami, Let`s find him. 7XCHAMP
Here you goooooo !

Dr. Robert M. Gingold

1075 NE 125th St
North Miami, FL 33161-5800
(305) 893-8111

Big Plastic Surgeon / Reconstructive Surgeon in Miami

C.B.

Last edited by Crash-Box; 10-14-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copper Kettle

There was 1 of there boats under their home in the Clifton Lagoons on the Rocky River,Ohio Haven't been back in there in awhile could still be there, I think this was likely a pleasure boat though Scarab? Didn't he and his family owned Copper Kettle Marina? Lorain Ohio they were a wellcraft dealer for years back in 70's-80's
Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Richie,

Bob put me back together after the Apache/ Cherokee/ Froberg crash in '96. I thought he had sold the boat...or at least that's what I remember. Bob's a good guy and a talented Plastic Surgeon.

T.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Richie,

Bob put me back together after the Apache/ Cherokee/ Froberg crash in '96. I thought he had sold the boat...or at least that's what I remember. Bob's a good guy and a talented Plastic Surgeon.

T.
I saw Bob at the sunny isles race, very good friend of mine as well, he told me that some smugglers bought the boat, they got busted, and put a lot of heat on Bob, he said it was a real nightmare, then later all cleared up, no telling where the boat ended up. I used to ley him work in my shop on NE 17 th ave. he kept the boat next door in Gene Lanhams shop. I remember he had a really cool Caddy with a rahilly Grady motor in it, bad ass.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember seeing Sandy Satullo on the TV show "Whats Your Line", after winning the National Championship, I think 1972?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sandy Satullo of Clevaland,Ohio,was owner of the chain of restaurants Copper Kettle and before buying a Cig. 36' to race he was positively ventured in the karts and others motorsport disciplines.
On the lake Erie it was in rivalry with the friend Dominic Visconsi that it possessed a Magnum 28' that was faster than his Chris Craft 22'.
This way Satullo decided to go to Miami to find a boat to beat his friend.
He went to Magnum but it didn't find interest then he went to Don Aronow that initially didn't want to sell him one of the his36' because he think the grizzled 49 years old incapable to drive it.
Satullo insisted with Don and succeeded in convincing to make him a test with Barry Cordingly that to the time worked with Don.
Satullo returned to Cleveland announcing to Visconsi that his power in sea was ended.
The brand new 36' called Copper Kettle with the race number 7 was launched three days before the Hurricane Classic of St. Petersburg the February 19 1972 and in that competition Satullo won!
The Copper Kettle repeated the victories other three consecutive times included the Bahamas 500. An unparalleled record.
In the meantime also the friend-rival Visconsi had hastened to Aronow to buy another 36' that he called Popeye but he never succeeded in beating Satullo.
In the 1973 Satullo drives 36' for some competitions still winning the Hurricane Classic but then he jump on the new Gara 40' in wood and he lends the 36' to the Italian publisher Giorgio Mondadori that he affixes his race number 333.
Also in the 1975 Satullo drove occasionally the 36' that it will bring him to his only victory of that year in the Marina Del Rey Classic but getting the prestigious National Title.
In the 1976 Satullo definitely abandoned the old 36' for the new Bertram 38' in Kevlar.
The 36' with the race number 6 reappeared to the last seasonal competition in Key West driven by Jack Tushinsky that had momentarily remained probably without boat after he had sold the his new 35' to Doxford that same year.
Doctor Robert Gingold has finally driven the 36' Copper Kettle with the race number 36 in the 1980.

1972-73

Key West 1976 with Jack Tushinsky. Pic from HORBA.

1980 Robert Gingold. From the 1982's calendar of Beken.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 10-16-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Great thread. I used to drive past the marina every weekend. Its cool learning more about Copper Kettle history. That was before my time, but I do remember reading Sandy in the old PB magazines my Pops kept
Jr.

Quick Reply: 36` Cigarette Copper Kettle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.