Notices

Back In The Day

Old 02-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that the old Blue Max in the background?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ygrowup
Appears to be 1982....Ajac Hawk's snout is sticking out and had won the Key West worlds the fall before and would snag the US-1 national title that season before becoming all-black Super Brut in '83.

Dig the old Stroh's logo in the background. The locale is the Dodge pits just south of the Roostertail....still ground zero for the gold cup hydro races every summer in Detroit. Just knocked back some tall-neck Stroh's the other night at Sindbads with some river rat cronies....if that place & the pit tower could talk!!

Any pix of your family's old Nova?
Dave it was 1982 I was puting the Magnum in and there was a loud noise on the north end of the pit's, the sling's on Ajac Hawk sliped and the rear of the boat hit the ground. Luckily there wasn't to much damage and they made the race.
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scan0179.jpg  
Old 02-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Outcast1
Is that the old Blue Max in the background?
Good eye, All the Active cat's were there Blue Max, Cougar, and Express.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Blue Max-
I helped the mechanic do some work on that boat a couple of days before the race on Lake Ponchartrain in about 1985... He told me to swing by in the AM the next day. I showed up, the boat was already in the slip. The mechanic told me to go get a vest and helmet out of their truck. I returned, holding the gear out to him. He said "Put it on". I went for a couple of laps around the course. I have pictures of the boat, owner, Crystal (SP?) and the truck driver- I think his name was Jim. Real nice people, and a day I will never forget.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ygrowup
Appears to be 1982....Ajac Hawk's snout is sticking out and had won the Key West worlds the fall before and would snag the US-1 national title that season before becoming all-black Super Brut in '83.

Dig the old Stroh's logo in the background. The locale is the Dodge pits just south of the Roostertail....still ground zero for the gold cup hydro races every summer in Detroit. Just knocked back some tall-neck Stroh's the other night at Sindbads with some river rat cronies....if that place & the pit tower could talk!!

Any pix of your family's old Nova?
Yes, I have at least one of them laying around and a few others you guys might be interested in. They have to be scanned. Maybe I can do that tonight.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

how about posting that really cute picture of you looking HOT standing in front of your Dad's friend's old Formula. I have it here on my desk so you can scan it later
Old 02-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Two more pic's of the Mirage's that raced P class.

h2O, was the owner's name on LaSalle? He was a real nice guy, German and lived on a canal off Metro Beach.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by talmaguer
h2O, was the owner's name on LaSalle? He was a real nice guy, German and lived on a canal off Metro Beach.
Werner Bock owened the LaSalle Mirage, a friend of mine Terry bought it from him. It's now has a new owner on Lake St Clair and was recently posted on the old school ride's thread.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Werner Bock owened the LaSalle Mirage, a friend of mine Terry bought it from him. It's now has a new owner on Lake St Clair and was recently posted on the old school ride's thread.
The LaSalle then, and now.
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scan0080.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cary, and Cobra & Coyote became a popular design in many different lengths 26' to 38' . They won many race's, what ever size or class they were in.
Attached Thumbnails Back In The Day-scan0003.jpg   Back In The Day-scan0184.jpg   Back In The Day-scan0185.jpg  

Quick Reply: Back In The Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.