Where are all the Cobras? >

Where are all the Cobras?

Notices

Where are all the Cobras?

Old 03-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Then were dose this one fit in, looks like one of the Beep Beeps. I took this pic around 1980 in Detroit ????
Attached Thumbnails Where are all the Cobras?-scan00434.jpg  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Then were dose this one fit in, looks like one of the Beep Beeps. I took this pic around 1980 in Detroit ????
Look on the side near the cockpit; there's the words Cobra 34R.
For the explanations about that 34' go to the posts of Charlie McCarthy in the other thread about Cobra-Coyote-MSV-Banana....
Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In 1986 I throttled the 1980 32' Cobra called "Obsession II", for Bob Oetringer of Chicago, Ill. in the Sportsman D class.

We won Grand Haven!! It was laid-up in black gelcoat. I think it was the old "Harry O". We had a pair of staggered 540's with #3's.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped my car off at my mechanics for some work. He's from S. Florida and somehow we started talking about Offshore. He worked on a guy's Cobra who raced it in Key West in the late 70's. Forgot date and the name of the boat though......

Does anyone know a mechanic named Leif Johnson?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
Fast fun,I think i own that boat,used to be nicks italion kitchen,I am slowly restoring boat has all original gel-coat and is still in great shape for its age.Transom was rotten(gimbals leaking),we cut out old transom and re-glasses in new one,used marine plywood and west systems,boat is built like a battleship,I heard it use to run around 80 with those 500 small block trs,will take more pics and post
Dave - Here is the picture of the Chief in its old running form. I saved this picture thinking one day we could resurrect the classic rocketship into a modern day poker run boat.
Attached Thumbnails Where are all the Cobras?-cheif%2520boat.jpg  
Old 04-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moved the old cobra yesterday,new transom in need to finish fairing,restoring boat in between jobs,a lot of work.When finished it will be really cool,looking for someone that can paint it ,maybe trading for some motor rebuilds or something.probably try to make a deal with Art Lily to paint it,anyone interseted in trading for some motor work?I am not in any hurry but would love to get her done
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered

some pics
Attached Thumbnails Where are all the Cobras?-dsc00268.jpg   Where are all the Cobras?-dsc00270.jpg   Where are all the Cobras?-dsc00271.jpg  

Old 04-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered

some pics
That thing is too cool.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Moved the old cobra yesterday,new transom in need to finish fairing,restoring boat in between jobs,a lot of work.When finished it will be really cool,looking for someone that can paint it ,maybe trading for some motor rebuilds or something.probably try to make a deal with Art Lily to paint it,anyone interseted in trading for some motor work?I am not in any hurry but would love to get her done
Have Glassdave do it. He is on ohio but does Superb work. He just redid my Tiger when a local assclown here in Md screwed it up. i'll be taking my 20 out to him next month, I pick the tiger up next weekend...Rob
Old 04-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

Hey nick did you buy the old Lady L 28 signiture?

Quick Reply: Where are all the Cobras?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.