Old 04-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone should make a book of all the ads,there cool
Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Marco, you back in Italy now?

And do you have any tales of Carl K getting over there for any of the VBV races?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by littlenige
Marco, you back in Italy now?

And do you have any tales of Carl K getting over there for any of the VBV races?
Nigel,sorry the delay.
Yep I'm back in my Viareggio now.
About tales of Carl Kiekhaefer, I think he never come here to see a VBV edition.
Thus nothing to say about him and Viareggio.
The first Aeromarine engines victory came in 1973 with the original and beautiful Unowot of Shead. I remember that I was astonished to see that boat similar to a fast cruiser against a bush of Cigarettes.
The next two years were your avatar in 1974 and Bonomi in1975 to bring success to the Kiekhaefer.
Nobody else victory came to the Aeromarines in a VBV.
In Class 2 there were interesting boats powered with a single Aeromarine,like the trimarans Arcidiavolo(I-II) ofTognelli and Soccol,the Molinari's cat My Cude of Signoretti or the mono Manas of Zanoni; alls one were succesful boats.

Last edited by Black Tornado; 04-12-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
someone should make a book of all the ads,there cool

Love those old ads.....
Attached Thumbnails Carl Kiekhaefer-my-photos-1765.jpg  
Old 04-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered

When you see the old address - Aeromarine Drive, it makes you wonder why the folks in Miami havenīt named the newly constructed 188th street Aronow Boulevard or something........
Old 04-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When you see the old address - Aeromarine Drive, it makes you wonder why the folks in Miami havenīt named the newly constructed 188th street Aronow Boulevard or something........
Nigel: This is a great thread to start for Carl Kiek. and I would very much like to write my memoirs about him, however there is just too much and it is overwelming, hopefully I can write in my book. In brief Carl was like my step-dad, as my father was lost at sea as a commercial fisherman when I was 18 yrs. old. Mr. K became my mentor and was the Vince Lombardi of my life. The number of things we did together is a book in itself, from everything we engineered and invented, to the introduction of Aeromarine motors in Europe, then the standard of the industry, like the Cigarette`s it was all about the seriousness and team effort, and communication. After every race my first responsibility was to call Mr. K as he was waiting by the phone to find out what happened, I missed many after race celebrations with my team by being on the phone, the important thing is I was celebrating with the head coach, and that was better than anything imaginable, especially if we won, also had to give reports about the other boats racing his equip.. I have stories of when Freddie and I lived together in Fond Du Lac, stories about a horrific car accident, and when I died on the table couple times, when I woke Mr. K had his hand on my shoulder, I heard him say he`s Ok now and left, must have been around four in the morning. I believe when I had the accident with Tom and I started to go to the beyond, he was the one who handed me the regulator to breath and live. Sorry I can`t go on, I loved him and miss him, I know he is always looking out for me. So many stories, so many good times, so many bad times, what a book, rest in peace. 7XCHAMP
Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nigel: I am working on nameing the street after Don, It is part of the project I am involved in about his life in a documentary that will be presented at this years Cannes film festival, Jerry Jacoby and myself are working together to also put a Bahamas 500 race together in his honor. Sorry can`t say more now but will keep everyone abreast of things as we progress. 7XCHAMP
Old 04-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Black Tornado
Nigel,sorry the delay.
Yep I'm back in my Viareggio now.
About tales of Carl Kiekhaefer, I think he never come here to see a VBV edition.
Thus nothing to say about him and Viareggio.
The first Aeromarine engines victory came in 1973 with the original and beautiful Unowot of Shead. I remember that I was astonished to see that boat similar to a fast cruiser against a bush of Cigarettes.
The next two years were your avatar in 1974 and Bonomi in1975 to bring success to the Kiekhaefer.
Nobody else victory came to the Aeromarines in a VBV.
In Class 2 there were interesting boats powered with a single Aeromarine,like the trimarans Arcidiavolo(I-II) ofTognelli and Soccol,the Molinari's cat My Cude of Signoretti or the mono Manas of Zanoni; alls one were succesful boats.
Marco: That was the first race for Bonomi and I in the newer light weight 36` Cig. We led the entire race except for the last five miles and Shead beat us. We broke all the hatch pins that held the hatches down, so the hatches were flapping around, and finally the throttle cable broke, and I went into the bilge at racing speed to try and hand throttle the motor, while slipping around in oil and water, not fun but we did finish second, first looser.7XCHAMP
Old 04-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great thread this is. Richie, I really hope that you will write your book someday. Judging by your contributions on this forum, it would be great reading.

Phil.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Nigel: I am working on nameing the street after Don, It is part of the project I am involved in about his life in a documentary that will be presented at this years Cannes film festival, Jerry Jacoby and myself are working together to also put a Bahamas 500 race together in his honor. Sorry can`t say more now but will keep everyone abreast of things as we progress. 7XCHAMP
Hey Richie thatīs great! Keep up your efforts.

Have you started writing you memoirs?? Your stories are quite amazing - it will make a fantastic read one day. And promise one thing - that I can have copy No. 1 when they come off the printing press - unless of course youīve already promised that to someone else!! Your No.1 fan.

Quick Reply: Carl Kiekhaefer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.