Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Cary / Cigarette 32 production >

Cary / Cigarette 32 production

Notices

Cary / Cigarette 32 production

Old 11-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here a bad but only image of a Iguana 32'.
Attached Thumbnails Cary / Cigarette 32 production-iguana.gif  
Old 11-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Marco,

I saw that you started a thread about this 7th of february :-)...

It seems like very few were built. Aronows 3 "the cigarette", Peter Rothchilds "Thunderballs" + three outboard versions by Cary and only one by Cigarette Racing Team - Boss O'Nova II aka Wild Willie Boss O'Nova during 72-73 aka Red Baron during 73-75.

That gives only 8 hulls, 7 by Cary and 1 by Cigarette. Is that right?

Last edited by steeb; 11-23-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

By the way Marco, which 32 is this? It has a different paintjob.
Attached Thumbnails Cary / Cigarette 32 production-tblack1969_03.jpg  
Old 11-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I do believe the all-white 32 for sale was once owned by "Cary" from Syracuse NY and was taken to Fla. to be brokered about the time frame of the previous sighting. All details of power/drives/trailer are correct, as well as the all white paint.
I thought it was a pretty cool piece. Saw it up close and ran with it a number of times.
Cary can be found infrequently in the Superboat forum, runs a black sided 30Y2K up here in the 1000 Islands
Old 11-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by steeb
Hi Marco,

I saw that you started a thread about this 7th of february :-)...

It seems like very few were built. Aronows 3 "the cigarette", Peter Rothchilds "Thunderballs" + three outboard versions by Cary and only one by Cigarette Racing Team - Boss O'Nova II aka Wild Willie Boss O'Nova during 72-73 aka Red Baron during 73-75.

That gives only 8 hulls, 7 by Cary and 1 by Cigarette. Is that right?
That's it's right about the 32' Cary,Cigarette destined to competitions.
Then there were some 32' Intermarine and the Cary-Cobra with the deck modified by JC Simon.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by steeb
By the way Marco, which 32 is this? It has a different paintjob.
That's the first version of one of two former The Cigarette solded to the Tornado Racing Team of Balestrieri and Cosentino.
With this name, Blue Tornado style.
In that version Balestrieri run the first race in Capetown in 1970.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 cary

Originally Posted by estarmer
Yeah a project for sure. If it didn't have that deck I might have asked some more questions. With Staggered engines and what looks like ballast tank drains that have been filled, I wonder what its history was? Wonder if it was ever raced?

MY BROTHER AND I WENT TO TAKE A LOOK AT HER A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW HER HISTORY, BUT I BELIEVE SHE WAS DEFINETLY A RACE BOAT AT ONE TIME. IT LOOKS AS IF THE FACTORY COLOR/GELCOAT WAS RED, INSIDE & OUT. SHE NEEDS SOME GLASS WORK, BUT SHE SEEMS VERY SOILD, ESPECIALLY FOR A 1972MDL. ALL THE DRIVETRAIN LOOKS INTACT, SPEEDMASTER#3'S BBC'S WITH SOME WACKY EXHAUST. (YOU CAN SEE IN THE SECOND PIC THE OUTLETS ARE VEEERY LOW! OWNER SAYS THERE THE ENGINES ARE 496'S CAN'T TELL, BUT I COULD SEE GOLD CRANE ROLLER ROCKER ARMS UNDER THE BREATHERS. PUT A BREAKER BAR ON THE CRANKS, BUT WOULD'NT TURN. NICE MYSTERY PACKAGE, BUT FOR $7500 (NO TRAILER) I THINK ITS A PRETTY GOOD DEAL, EVEN ASSUMING A TOTAL RESTO, BOAT AND POWER. THE SPEEDMASTERS ARE WORTH A LITTLE COIN ALONE... JUST MY .02 THOUGH...
MARK
Attached Thumbnails Cary / Cigarette 32 production-cary32.jpg   Cary / Cigarette 32 production-cary32t.jpg  
Old 12-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anymore info on that cary i would appericate it

Christian
Old 12-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Chris,

Race cockpit, 3-man rack only, left hand steer. Dipstick check revealed vanilla milkshake, but with that wacky azz exhaust, (looked like something from super mario bros.) I can see that water could easily been pulled in with any sort of semi-serious motors. The motors appeared decent though. Like i said, i could see the alumn. roller rockers. Other than that, externally it had the normal treatment, holleys dp's, edelbrock intakes, aftermarket valve covers. Staggered engines, Owner said they were original Kiekenhaffer 482's or 496's but can't tell without digging in. Aftermarket HYD. steering, looks added on, maybe not tooo long ago. I really think the boat is sold for its age. I mean it definetly needs to be stripped down to do it right, but the transom, stringers, and bulkheads look, felt, sounded soild. But i'm no expert glass guy, so.... Looks like it was painted a couple times also. I think the raised deck looks hardcore nostalgic. Another guy told me it was the old GOLD-RUSH c-class racer from the northeast, back in the day, but I can't find any info to back that statement up. I know for a fact its been sitting at this guy Randys shop for the past 9-yrs. Because we bought this piece of **** 30' excalibur from this guy back in 1998, and it was there. Ten years ago he was asking something retarded for it. Then, this past summer we stumbled across it again, same guy had it, but moved his shop to outside of Charlotte NC. Looks exactly the smae when we looked at it almost 10yrs ago!! My bro. almost bought it this time. He had 7k to f*** up for a winter project, and it was between this boat, and a 38 flat deck scarab up on the island. I thought the cary was a better deal, but chosse the scarab. In hind-sight, I believe he would have chosse different now. Anyway, if your intrested, call me at the shop tomorrow, and i can dig out the guys number that owns the boat. I'm sure its still there.
Mark
Old 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i need another race boat like i need a hole in my head...
let me think it over and see where all my dough is @ then i will call. Other then that i will see you out on the ocean in class 5 with the jersey gents real soon. you have any good interior guys up your way to do a 3 man nice like? i have one out of my sutphen that i am trying to get done but i dont want to spend 10k on it by getting it finished in Mt holley nJ know what i mean???

Quick Reply: Cary / Cigarette 32 production

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.