Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Cigarette 35 Raceboats >

Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Notices

Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Old 07-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kubcat, which boat do you have? Is it an ex race boat?

I did a Sydney Newcastle in about 1990 0r 1991 in a Signature 1900..lucky it was a calm day!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pete60
Kubcat, which boat do you have? Is it an ex race boat?

I did a Sydney Newcastle in about 1990 0r 1991 in a Signature 1900..lucky it was a calm day!
My boat was built by Tony and was apparently splashed from Peter's Slingshot. This is why I am on this thread as I am curious of the history of my hull.

It was originally to be Tony and Simon's race boat but someone offered him way too much money and he sold it while under construction. The buyer also spotted a pair of V8 outboards in the shop and wanted them on the boat, so mine was changed to an outboard boat during construction. Tony made another couple and called them all Force3500.

I was racing up until a few seasons ago in a Harris Cat called Force Majuere and a small monuhull called Majic with Alex Watson.

I probably saw you that day.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

pete60,thanks for the info!
Grateful if you will have other info on those boats hold here us informed!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

Dean's 35 Cigarette always competed with the Cigarette logo on the side but I don't know whether it was built in Australia under licence or in the States. Dean's later boats were all built here. .
Dean's 35 sits next to my top gun at the marina, it has an american cig number in the transom, so I would definately say it was a u.s. cig
Old 07-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kubcat
My boat was built by Tony and was apparently splashed from Peter's Slingshot. This is why I am on this thread as I am curious of the history of my hull.

It was originally to be Tony and Simon's race boat but someone offered him way too much money and he sold it while under construction. The buyer also spotted a pair of V8 outboards in the shop and wanted them on the boat, so mine was changed to an outboard boat during construction. Tony made another couple and called them all Force3500.

I was racing up until a few seasons ago in a Harris Cat called Force Majuere and a small monuhull called Majic with Alex Watson.

I probably saw you that day.
Tony Low built a Magnum/Cigarette 28 with twin Mercs in about 1978. It stiffed into a wave badly and holed the bow. The Force boats essentially were the 28 footer stretched to a 30.

I remember Force Majeure...the old Hynautic..a great tough boat. Do you still have it?

Sorry to get off topic! Back on topic, great to hear the old Slingshot 35 survives...
Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony Low built a Magnum/Cigarette 28 with twin Mercs in about 1978. It stiffed into a wave badly and holed the bow. The Force boats essentially were the 28 footer stretched to a 30.

I remember Force Majeure...the old Hynautic..a great tough boat. Do you still have it?

Sorry to get off topic! Back on topic, great to hear the old Slingshot 35 survives...
From what PriceB and Simon Isherwood have said, my boat was splashed from the 35 Cig called Slingshot. It is boatcoded at exactly 12 metres or 39 feet making it unlikely to be the 30 ft Force. It does have a bowsprit and it did have pods for the V8 outboards when it was measured but they are not 9 feet long.

If PriceB is correct, Slingshot is looking a very different these days. There are photos in these forums under "Peter Dean's Slingshot Cigarette now" but am not sure you would want to see them. Perhaps the memory is better.

PS: Force Majuere is owned by Alex Watson and we only use it to tear around from Broken Bay into Botany Bay for a swim. It is still in full race trim.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Registered

So Kubcat, you going to race that 3500?!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by priceb
Dean's 35 sits next to my top gun at the marina, it has an american cig number in the transom, so I would definately say it was a u.s. cig
Priceb, can you post the HIN number on the 35?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by steeb
Priceb, can you post the HIN number on the 35?
Yep, i should be at the marina tomorrow or saturday. I will do.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered

Actually what I didn't say is that i sold the guy who owns slingshot my trailer...so my top gun trailer is now being used to tow slingshot!.

Quick Reply: Cigarette 35 Raceboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.