Notices

Offshore reunion.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Darren has a lot of Smitty's memorabilia...and don't forget Idoni out in Steamboat.

If you need a TV moderator...I might know a guy.

T2x
Perfect: I think we could all take that as a volunteer. And as far as I`m concerned yes!!!!
As far as having this event to coincide with an offshore race, I would say not, and sorry but I don`t think any offshore racing affiliation should be connected. For me after all the years I put in as a member of APBA, UIM, OPT, SBI. etc. etc. and all the team members I have brought to the clubs, sorry to say but I received nothing in return, not even VIP credentials to view races.The only thing I got was being allowed to race under their sanctions. Most all the DRIVERS I made world champions were inducted into halls of fame, UIM gold medals bestowed etc. As a seven time world champion T-man I only have my memories, no trophys, no medals etc. If you notice it is always the driver of record, in my day the T-man got paid to win and to shut up and get the equip. ready for the next race, See ya.
I would consider Bill Taylors group at Poker Runs, His group has always treated me like royalty, and it`s very much appreciated. They always recognize me at the dinners etc. and was one of the first times my 16 yr. old daughter had an opportunity to see people pay tribute, I was very touched, as was my daughter. Poker Runs recognizes the legends and the past, they have a cool Magazine, etc. I think we could hand the project to them and they would welcome the opportunity, probably could get it televised. So maybe Key West time at worlds, not associated with the race, as that`s where the Indy race for offshore is in most all our hearts, I will now get off my box, and open for discussion. 7XCHAMP
Old 01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7xchamp (Ritchie) I really know that you guys will enjoy this and the fans like myself will always be there for support....... You guys are the true warriors of the sport and ran what I can call the real offshore racing (miami to bahamas and record attempts Miami to newyork) were it wasnt only the boat that took the beating the equipment and most of all put your bodies to the test, and just to think that you go to a race and not even a Vip credential????? come on thats rediculous hell if I would of been there I would of paid them to give you that maybe they would see how petty they are.......especially after I saw your smile (ear to ear) after you got off the outerlimits w/ your x-race partner (Daniel from back in the days) at the Keywest poker run, that just made me and my family smile to see how happy you were, goes to show that you have it in your blood. Keep this up guys I think you have a great idea.

P.S. Ritchie, I took the Motion to Brownie (Stainless Marine) on tuesday and I will have my pipes soon so rest that magic arm.... your gonna need it........

Last edited by lowblue320; 01-11-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the offshore racers today with the exception of a few dont have respect. Keep it away from a race, you will have less stress less people in YOUR POCKET and less conflict. you provide a venue that is just history and the people that created it you will have only those that like it to view and participate. I strongly suggest giving Mr. Powers something maybe brownie can wrap a ribbon around one of those cast iron medels he makes with thunder row on it...
Old 01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree......the more this event had to do with modern offshore racing.....the more likely it is that I won't want to come.

No offense but I have ZERO interest in offshore racing after about 1982.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

24degrees, I Agree , I Haven't Been To An Offshore Race Since 83. No Interest In The Circle Jerk Races
Old 01-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK Then,

sorry I mentioned it, just thought ya wanted it to be a big venue with people that look up to you.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by butch ryan
24degrees, I Agree , I Haven't Been To An Offshore Race Since 83. No Interest In The Circle Jerk Races

The same could be said about auto racing.......
Old 01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
skrap
Gold Member

If you can still see land...then you're not racing offshore!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Perfect: I think we could all take that as a volunteer. And as far as I`m concerned yes!!!!
As far as having this event to coincide with an offshore race, I would say not, and sorry but I don`t think any offshore racing affiliation should be connected. For me after all the years I put in as a member of APBA, UIM, OPT, SBI. etc. etc. and all the team members I have brought to the clubs, sorry to say but I received nothing in return, not even VIP credentials to view races.The only thing I got was being allowed to race under their sanctions. Most all the DRIVERS I made world champions were inducted into halls of fame, UIM gold medals bestowed etc. As a seven time world champion T-man I only have my memories, no trophys, no medals etc. If you notice it is always the driver of record, in my day the T-man got paid to win and to shut up and get the equip. ready for the next race, See ya.
I would consider Bill Taylors group at Poker Runs, His group has always treated me like royalty, and it`s very much appreciated. They always recognize me at the dinners etc. and was one of the first times my 16 yr. old daughter had an opportunity to see people pay tribute, I was very touched, as was my daughter. Poker Runs recognizes the legends and the past, they have a cool Magazine, etc. I think we could hand the project to them and they would welcome the opportunity, probably could get it televised. So maybe Key West time at worlds, not associated with the race, as that`s where the Indy race for offshore is in most all our hearts, I will now get off my box, and open for discussion. 7XCHAMP
This is why a dinner for the old real racers is so important......You guys need to be recodnized and appreciated.......I would be the first guy to roll out the red carpet........There is not a lot of young guys out there that even know what real offshore racing is, if they did i am sure they would appreciate it.......One of the more exciting days of my life was when Butch Ryan called me on the phone to shoot the breeze about his good old days, he did not have to due that but he did and man did i ever appreciate it, i was so excited when he told me who he was i had to pull over on the shoulder of the road and make my buddy drive just so i did not miss anything he was saying......He told me the last race he was at was the last race he ran.....With that being said i think a affiliation with the new races would take away from how important you guys are to us..........Now i will get off my soap box
Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See Butch, you are a legend too!
Maybe us, the not so old guys can dream of racing another day. How does " BUPE " Racing Team sound?
Later,
Pepe @ pantera.
PS, Been there, done that!

Quick Reply: Offshore reunion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.