Notices

My Resto Project

Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
That would be an awesome OPA class 2 or 3 boat!
They'll let me run a race or two ? I'd love that .
What are their basic rules for a 30 cat ?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
aex
Registered

Originally Posted by bulletbob
No more dodging on that classic! It's going to be killer when you finish! I'm living vicariously through your build. Bob
After a days work I'm so burnt out I just kept buying boats I didn't really love so I'd have a fast boat to play with and not have to deal with a project .
I just sold my 42 Fountain and I'm staying out of the classifieds so the Chris is getting my undivided attention . This boat means a lot to me . I mean I was in my 20's winning races and having a blast with this boat . The funny thing is I originally bought this three man hull for pleasure use . I added the canopies and two man cockpit in the winter of 1989 .
I just ordered a bunch of engine parts but really need to get on the cockpit and fuel tanks . My boat builders are slowing up a little so the time is right to bang out these two items .
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
aex
Registered

Originally Posted by cdail28590
I think Stellings still makes exhaust. They told they would charge to much to fix them v/s what the guy they recommended could do it for. In fact they said they don't repair them anymore they send them to that guy. I have the receipt with the guys name and # at home but I don't remember it.

http://www.stellingsmarineproducts.com/home/index.php
Thanks buddy , I'll give Stellings a shout and if they can't help I'll let you know to dig up that guys # .
Thanks , Jimmy
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by aex
They'll let me run a race or two ? I'd love that .
What are their basic rules for a 30 cat ?
Yup! Class 3 is up to 95 MPH and includes the How Sweet It Is 32 Skater raceboat. Class 2 (if brought back) is 105mph. There are plenty of boats who only run 1 or 2 local races a year
Old 10-05-2011, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by aex
After a days work I'm so burnt out I just kept buying boats I didn't really love so I'd have a fast boat to play with and not have to deal with a project .
I just sold my 42 Fountain and I'm staying out of the classifieds so the Chris is getting my undivided attention . This boat means a lot to me . I mean I was in my 20's winning races and having a blast with this boat . The funny thing is I originally bought this three man hull for pleasure use . I added the canopies and two man cockpit in the winter of 1989 .
I just ordered a bunch of engine parts but really need to get on the cockpit and fuel tanks . My boat builders are slowing up a little so the time is right to bang out these two items .
Hang in there man. I know the feeling of working all day to go home to work on the boat. I have a twin outboard Talon and I'm toying with the idea of trading it for a race cat that will need minor rigging in comparison to your project.
To have all that history with the boat will make it that much more rewarding once finished.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
aex
Registered

Today I spoke again with Bucky at Itchiban , they will take the Chris in November for cockpit and fuel tanks . I also ordered cams , gears , pistons , bearings , rod bolts , etc .
Boy this hobby ain't cheap !
Any of you guys lookin' for part time help ?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 PM
aex
Registered

Hang in there man. I know the feeling of working all day to go home to work on the boat. I have a twin outboard Talon and I'm toying with the idea of trading it for a race cat that will need minor rigging in comparison to your project.
To have all that history with the boat will make it that much more rewarding once finished.
Thanks for the words of encouragement .
Talon or Race cat ? Nice decision to ponder , either way you win . Good luck .
Old 10-16-2011, 12:28 PM
aex
Registered

Default Input Please

I'd like opinions on integral hull tanks .
It is my understanding that notable manufacturers have had problems due to changes in fuel formulation . It is also my understanding that vinylester resins are compatible with the new fuel and is the resin used to correct failures .
Integral tanks would add structure to the hull as there never was any in this area without adding any extra weight .
Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

We were having this discussion last night while plumbing secondary fuel systems in a Doug Wright. For the money go with the intergral tanks, just build a removable lid for the tank for service. I suggested blatters but, they are pricey and from what I was told they only last a few years before they break down.
The money wasn't right for me to do the trade. It was a Doug Wright also. Keep us posted. Bob
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
aex
Registered

We were having this discussion last night while plumbing secondary fuel systems in a Doug Wright. For the money go with the intergral tanks, just build a removable lid for the tank for service. I suggested blatters but, they are pricey and from what I was told they only last a few years before they break down.
The money wasn't right for me to do the trade. It was a Doug Wright also. Keep us posted. Bob
The Wright boat has integral tanks ?

Quick Reply: My Resto Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.