Thunderman the Don Aronow story

Notices

Thunderman the Don Aronow story

Old 04-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thunderman the Don Aronow story

If anyone is interested in seeing the promo. for the Don Aronow Documentary go to (You Tube) punch in Thunderman The Don Aronow story, You will meet 7XCHAMP,doing an interview, with George Bush Sr. following.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what did you think of the movie champ? will they release it?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
what did you think of the movie champ? will they release it?
Mixed emotions: I think the documentary that was done several years back was as good. City confidential discovery chanel. This recent documentary has dubbed in sounds of hi- power boats running in the back ground, like from an offshore race or something, they should have consulted with me, and I think I could have used better sounds, and in better places. I didn`t like seeing the vivid pix of Don laying in the street, and was shocked to see my old racing partner Joey Ippolitto in the condition he was in. My wife and every women who has seen the documentary hates the interview with jerry Jacoby where he says don loved money and *****, definitly hits the women wrong, could have used any other word but didn`t. The way I hear it, is if they make a movie it`s going to be a Miami Vise type thing, loosley based on Don and others, it will be more made up, and probably like vise have no boats to speak of. Like I said Mixed emotions at best.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

o god what a shame. i mean talk about how the man gave to colleges and minorities,
Old 04-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered

and the countless employees.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't find the link, could someone post it? thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7xchamp
Mixed emotions: I think the documentary that was done several years back was as good. City confidential discovery chanel. This recent documentary has dubbed in sounds of hi- power boats running in the back ground, like from an offshore race or something, they should have consulted with me, and I think I could have used better sounds, and in better places. I didn`t like seeing the vivid pix of Don laying in the street, and was shocked to see my old racing partner Joey Ippolitto in the condition he was in. My wife and every women who has seen the documentary hates the interview with jerry Jacoby where he says don loved money and *****, definitly hits the women wrong, could have used any other word but didn`t. The way I hear it, is if they make a movie it`s going to be a Miami Vise type thing, loosley based on Don and others, it will be more made up, and probably like vise have no boats to speak of. Like I said Mixed emotions at best.
so it will be another Wiseguy story... donīt we already have enough of them ?
Donīt get my wrong I like mob movies but thatīs a genré about men that doesnīt have any other career, Don Aronow on the other hand had several.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Movie trailer

The movie trailer looks like it was put together by amateurs looking for funding.City Confidential has been the best so far. Bud
Old 04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 42apache
i can't find the link, could someone post it? thanks

try this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JZUlyULXl1I

Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Richie, do you know when they are going to release the documentary? And if so, where it will premiere and when it will be made public?

I don't know if you remember or not, probably not, but we met many years ago at a dealership on US1 in Pompano or Lauderdale where you were selling your Monza center consoles at the time.

I was a young kid obsessed with all things Aronow, as my dad and his family knew him back in the fifties in Jersey before he got into boats in Florida.

Since then, I have fulfilled my Aronow-esque dreams, bought a 1978 35' Cigarette Mistress, a 1967 16' Magnum Missile, and a 1973 20' Cigarette jet drive. I recently sold the 35' Cigarette, and I sold the 20' Cigarette to get into a 26' Corsa. Bob Bower has recently become a good friend and its always fun to hear the stories from the old days.

Glad to have you as a part of the board, and looking forward to your response regarding the movie.

Harry

Quick Reply: Thunderman the Don Aronow story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.