Notices

C-5 Finish Line

Old 09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Joe is definitely one of the good guys. He throttled for me in my last race ever. It was in my Skater in 1996. I stuffed the boat hard about a month prior, and Joe stepped in for my regular t-man, who was badly injured. When I was too scared to run hard, he didn't make a big deal, and we turned the boat around. I wish I hadn't lost my nerve for racing, because I think we would have been a great team.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tnink the coolest thing about this thread is how many people have been reunited. Sounds like all of you guys had some great times racing in the past!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenA
I tnink the coolest thing about this thread is how many people have been reunited. Sounds like all of you guys had some great times racing in the past!
Tell Calabro I said "hi" as well.........

Thanks,

T2x
Old 09-16-2008, 08:31 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah , we were competitive on the ocean , but friends always everywhere else .
Stephen , I had the honor of running beside the Finish Line in some crazy stuff .
Lets get going on the C-5 , post some photos .
Should I send you a camera ? C'mon don't be shy .

Bandit , sorry to hear of your misfortune . I'm glad you guys were ok .
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK,
Here is a crappy cell phone pic just to get started.I have taken the top layer of paint off of the hull from the rubrail down with a razor. Then followed with an inline sander. You can see Team Eriesistable colors above the rubrail where not much has been done, and Finish Line colors down below. I posted this picture at the request of AEX, but as stated earlier, will get the boat out of the corner, dust it off and take some better ones. Sad thing is, dont know where the good camera is and hope I can find it because this quality of picture really sucks!
Attached Thumbnails C-5 Finish Line-0916081732.jpg  

Last edited by StephenA; 09-17-2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-17-2008, 10:10 AM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

OK,
Here is a crappy cell phone pic just to get started.I have taken the top layer of paint off of the hull from the rubrail down with a razor. Then followed with an inline sander. You can see Team Eriesistable colors above the rubrail where not much has been done, and Finish Line colors down below. I posted this picture at the request of AEX, but as stated earlier, will get the boat out of the corner, dust it off and take some better ones. Sad thing is, dont know where the good camera is and hope I can find it because this quality of picture really sucks!
COOL !

SAVE THE CHRIS CATS !
Old 10-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: HILLSBOROUGH, NJ OCEAN BEACH, NJ & LIDO KEY FLORIDA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chris Cat Or Shadow

Over The Weekend I Was Driving Thru The Parking Lot At Chadwick Island Marina, And There Was The "PIPELINE EXPRESS", Without The Class #'s
I Remember The Original Owner Was ? "Schueg" Does Anybody Know Who Owns It Now ? Or The Same Owner, Havn't Seen It On The Bay.
WAS IT A CHRIS CAT OR A SHADOW CAT ? HISTORY ?
Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BUGSY
Over The Weekend I Was Driving Thru The Parking Lot At Chadwick Island Marina, And There Was The "PIPELINE EXPRESS", Without The Class #'s
I Remember The Original Owner Was ? "Schueg" Does Anybody Know Who Owns It Now ? Or The Same Owner, Havn't Seen It On The Bay.
WAS IT A CHRIS CAT OR A SHADOW CAT ? HISTORY ?
Shadow. I believe it was originally "Town and Country". Cool boat.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: HILLSBOROUGH, NJ OCEAN BEACH, NJ & LIDO KEY FLORIDA
Default Finish Line Update

Any update on the project of the old Finish Line?
Does anybody know what ever happened to the "Whopper "Boat, belonged to Bill Sena ?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BUGSY
Any update on the project of the old Finish Line?
Does anybody know what ever happened to the "Whopper "Boat, belonged to Bill Sena ?
I sold that boat to Bill in about 1985, and then re-sold it for him sometime in the early 90's to someone in Connecticut, who then resold it again. Not sure where it ultimately ended up. That boat was one of the early 1984 race boats built by Chris Craft, but the original owner couldn't take delivery and it became available and that's how we were able to get it for Bill. It was heavy and not particularly fast, but it didn't have exotic power or drives (originally TRS, then converted to #II speedy's when it became obvious the TRS drives couldn't handle the surfacing application of a catamaran). It was assembled on a limited budget and got Bill into racing without breaking the bank. He had some fun with it and ran it reasonably well for a few seasons before building his Hydratech.

Do you know how Bill is doing these days? It has probably been fifteen years or more since I have spoken with him.

Tom
Total Marine

Quick Reply: C-5 Finish Line

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.