Notices

Ted Toleman

Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ted Toleman

As an Aussie, I was delighted to find out Ted Toleman is alive and well and living in Australia these days.

After leaving Britain in the mid to late eighties, he spent time in South Africa ( where one of his twin sons was tragically killed), the Philipines and now Australia.

He is considering becoming involved in motorsport here ( as a category manager for the new Mini Challenge series).

Now to get him to an offshore race or two out here! Ted raced a few times here in the early eighties, mainly in that beautiful 38 Bertram.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered

I would love to meet, Ted again, he was a great guy and would talk to anyone, not in the least bit snobbish, very sad what happened to his son. I was crew cheif for him in 79-80 and we took the Bertram and Cougar to Australia. There was me, Ted, Jack Cunningham,Nick Cripps and a guy call Tank. We ended up running the Cat with the center cockpit and motors, the drives had thick spacer plates to get the props low enough and we split the out drive wide open from the extra stress.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Bontoft
I would love to meet, Ted again, he was a great guy and would talk to anyone, not in the least bit snobbish, very sad what happened to his son. I was crew cheif for him in 79-80 and we took the Bertram and Cougar to Australia. There was me, Ted, Jack Cunningham,Nick Cripps and a guy call Tank. We ended up running the Cat with the center cockpit and motors, the drives had thick spacer plates to get the props low enough and we split the out drive wide open from the extra stress.
Hi Mike: those were the good old days, I was friends with Ted as well, You and I were rivals at the time, but always said hello, think we may have broken bread together. Glad you are well, are you still involved with boats???
Best Regards Richie Powers AKA 7XCHAMP
Old 10-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

Hi Richie
Yes I am but a lot smaller, this past weekend I just set the Kilo speed record pending UIM and APBA approval for an open electric boat (144 volts) at 98.8mph at Devils lake, Oregon. I have been racing radio control boats for a lot of years but this looked like a fun project and more within my budget. But I would love to get involved in the big stuff again. Some pictures at http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?......m&album=542
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 AM
Registered

their is a thread on Autosport forums "Nostaliga " section.