Dirty Laundry Cougar

Notices

Dirty Laundry Cougar

Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
. 1
Strip, nice ol photo with the spirit of the amazon in the back ground a 4-engine aluminum cat was "spirit" a cuv or a cougar thanks, ?

Last edited by I'CE; 02-07-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
You are correct. Mikey Friedman owns it among many others from Chicago. The boats are kept in Florida.
mark, you still have the OE ?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
smitty smith was a funny guy, I was talking to him at 94 kw, talked about him and joe mach, and I tend to talk a lot, so my wife said can you take him for a ride and he sad sure he can sit on my lap. he was throttling the yellow couger from canada I think a 38 footer, could be wrong. its sad he passed away too. that was when gentry rolled went in to a coma that sucked and passed away years later.I was talking to BOBBY MOORE the winning throttleman after the race in open class 94, I was happy that he won but we were sad about TOM , NOT KNOWING how he was doing.that was a good week of racing I think there was over a 100 boats.
Artie, I was there too, saw Gentry roll ! man what a shame with all he did for offshore a true hero ! ps: shout @ me dude !
Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom Akoury Throttled "Black Duck". The name of which is interesting... A trivia question. What was the name of the other boat that was in that factual book about prohabition era rum runners?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Yup, that was my dad's old boat. He still has the restaurant which is loaded with pics on the wall of old and new race boats
Old 01-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
Tom Akoury Throttled "Black Duck". The name of which is interesting... A trivia question. What was the name of the other boat that was in that factual book about prohabition era rum runners?

The Cigarette.....
Old 01-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
The Cigarette.....
Give that man a cigar!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Not sure which boat this is but it is the one Michael Friedman owns. It was on display but didn't run the poker run that day.....

It was a aluminum boat/ riveted.....

http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/d...album=1&pos=89
Old 01-26-2009, 12:39 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Not sure which boat this is but it is the one Michael Friedman owns. It was on display but didn't run the poker run that day.....

It was a aluminum boat/ riveted.....

http://www.flpowerboat.com/gallery/d...album=1&pos=89
I love you guys..... The man asks about a COUGAR and gets a deluge of comments and recollections of CUV's, Skaters, Apache's, Shadows and Lord knows what else.......

The two (2) red aluminum Dirty Laundrys were both CUV's (That's a boat manufacturer from Italy) and the larger, newer 4 engined hull is the one pictured.....

There was one red, white and blue, Cougar (boat manufactured in England) previous to those hulls called Dirty Laundry and it had air compression issues in the tunnel to the extent that it didn't carry a load well and ran very "wet"...not a good Poker Run platform. That is the hull this thread is about.

Prior to those three big boats (Open and Superboat class), Joe was very successful in the modified class with a 32 Skater (boat built in Michigan) "Dirty Laundry" that I believe was later sold to the Duntemans and became "Agitator".... a VERY competitive boat to be sure.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 01-26-2009 at 12:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (09-08-2022)
Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Before the Cougar there were a couple 32' Skater named Dirty Laundry, Tommy Akoury throttled for Mach Before Hurley Stepp then Smitty Smith....
Here is the 32' Skater Dirty Laundry that later became the Agitator of Allan & Kurt Dunteman.
Attached Thumbnails Dirty Laundry Cougar-dirty-l-skater.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dirty Laundry Cougar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.