Aronow Race Boat Carrillo >

Aronow Race Boat Carrillo

Notices

Aronow Race Boat Carrillo

Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aronow Race Boat Carrillo

I was wondering if anybody has any information about an Aronow race boat named Carrillo. I saw it in San Francisco at a race there when it was brand new. It had Gentry Turbo engines with #6 drives, and was driven by Nancy Lancor, and throttled by her husband Joe. There are some photos of it in the Classic Offshore forum. I had heard that during that race it had started to delaminate, and I never knew whether it was
raced after that. A few years later I saw it in either Motor Boating & Sailing, or Boating in the classified section for sale.
At that point it was called "Leading Edge", and it had a hodge
podge paint scheme with a lot of different colors. If anybody has any information about this boat I would appreciate knowing what happened to it.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:15 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude I have been trying to track down the molds that this boat was built from they are somewhere in FL thats all I know. Talk to Rick Conti I believe he was the last one I know of that had anything to do with this boat I can get you from start to when the Carmody's had it and it was named Texas T....Boat was FAST FAST for its time ran 115+ with Gentry Turbo's in it....loved the rough Carbon Fiber....Bobby Moore did the original rigging on it I or at least a lot of the original set-up on it.....
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Molds

Sean:

Have you talked with anyone in Cape Coral area about the Aronow molds? There are a bunch of boat builders in the area including Nor Tech. Boat builders as you know tend to stick together. i do not have any first hand knowledge of these molds but I assume they are somewhere. I will be in Naples in May, so if you need any leg work done let me know.

Wannabe
Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hulot
I was wondering if anybody has any information about an Aronow race boat named Carrillo. I saw it in San Francisco at a race there when it was brand new. It had Gentry Turbo engines with #6 drives, and was driven by Nancy Lancor, and throttled by her husband Joe. There are some photos of it in the Classic Offshore forum. ... If anybody has any information about this boat I would appreciate knowing what happened to it.
This one?
....I took this pic back in the days early 90's going under the mighty Golden Gate
Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sean stinson
Dude I have been trying to track down the molds that this boat was built from they are somewhere in FL thats all I know. Talk to Rick Conti I believe he was the last one I know of that had anything to do with this boat I can get you from start to when the Carmody's had it and it was named Texas T....Boat was FAST FAST for its time ran 115+ with Gentry Turbo's in it....loved the rough Carbon Fiber....Bobby Moore did the original rigging on it I or at least a lot of the original set-up on it.....
Are you talking about the 42ft aronow race set up?????
Like the one that sold on ebay a few month ago
Attached Thumbnails Aronow Race Boat Carrillo-42ft-aronow-1-.....bmp  

Last edited by Len S; 04-21-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Len S
Are you talking about the 42ft aronow race set up?????
Like the one that sold on ebay a few month ago
That would be the one!!!! Anyway I am looking for the molds and they are in Sanford from what I understand but where in Sanford is the million dollar question!!!!!