Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cortez- 32 Mirage

I am in search of who has the molds to the
Mirage 32-R, or where they destroyed ?
Thanks again........
Old 07-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The mold(hull only) was in possession of Jack Clarks old partners from RIO. The mold was then sold to Marlago boats who used it to build the 31 Center Console. Those molds were then sold to Pat at Active Thunder.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cortez Mirage

Originally Posted by MidOcean
The mold(hull only) was in possession of Jack Clarks old partners from RIO. The mold was then sold to Marlago boats who used it to build the 31 Center Console. Those molds were then sold to Pat at Active Thunder.
MidOcean many thanks ! Pat is just down the road
from me, unfortunately for me I need the deck .
I'll give Pat a call......

The search continues.............
Old 07-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the original molds for the 25' 29' 32' and 36' Mirage. Unfortunately my father destroyed them and took them apart Hull and deck. They were in no condition to build a boat to my fathers standards atleast so he threw them out. Good news is my father still has the original plans for them. If your wondering who my father is his name is E. Cortes the owner and the man who built Mirage in the 70's.

Check out these videos I found up in the attic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz03S...eature=related
Old 07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MidOcean
MIDOCEAN,
When you say Jack Clarks old partners from RIO, are you referring to Rio Dejanero ( SP ? ), or the boat company RIO?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StephenA
MIDOCEAN,
When you say Jack Clarks old partners from RIO, are you referring to Rio Dejanero ( SP ? ), or the boat company RIO?
The boat company RIO. That was Jacks first boat venture. They had a shop at Maul lake. The day I met Jack was when we were running the Penrods 100 Offshore Race(1983). Jack showed up for his first race in a 21 Rio. It was a white boat with bold red and black letters. The next boat he built was a red one w/ a TRS and 420 cyclone. I eventually bought this boat and then sold it to Randy at Carolina Performance Boats
Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

MidOcean,
Thanks for the info.
I have a 1983 21 RIO with a small block 350 and an Arneson surface drive. I bought the boat in 1997 and ran it a little before replacing the transom ( knew it was bad when I bought it ). Fun boat!
I am almost finished restoring it and have always wanted to gather information about it. Is the hull design a derivative of something else ( Challenger, Apache etc )?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

...sorry for hijacking this thread.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StephenA
MidOcean,
Thanks for the info.
I have a 1983 21 RIO with a small block 350 and an Arneson surface drive. I bought the boat in 1997 and ran it a little before replacing the transom ( knew it was bad when I bought it ). Fun boat!
I am almost finished restoring it and have always wanted to gather information about it. Is the hull design a derivative of something else ( Challenger, Apache etc )?
what color?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pops57
I had the original molds for the 25' 29' 32' and 36' Mirage. Unfortunately my father destroyed them and took them apart Hull and deck. They were in no condition to build a boat to my fathers standards atleast so he threw them out. Good news is my father still has the original plans for them. If your wondering who my father is his name is E. Cortes the owner and the man who built Mirage in the 70's.

Check out these videos I found up in the attic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz03S...eature=related
Thanks for the comments. I think you will find the 32' mold, and to be clear, I'm talking about the mold your dad built with the reverse angle in the transom which made it perfect for someone like marlago to make a integrated boat about of it. I am only talking about the hull mold... there was NO deck mold at the RIO shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.