Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Apache 41 - Who built this boat?  Any more info? >

Apache 41 - Who built this boat? Any more info?

Notices

Apache 41 - Who built this boat? Any more info?

Old 12-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apache 41 - Who built this boat? Any more info?

Came across his video on youtube - what a great looking hull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7mSx...eature=related

Sorry for my ignorance but I thought that I has done a search on "Apache Powerboats" in the past without success? Is the McManus Powerboats the same company? When was this boat built? Where? Does the boat still exist?

Anymore photos or video?

Thank you in advance...

Sincerely,

Last edited by blacklabmarine; 12-15-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

It's an apache, the holy grail of big water V's The throttleman, Bobby S. is still around and posts, you can visit the driver in jail, just dont go by helicopter. just search on Apache and your head will start spinning. The boat has been cloned by a couple of companies and there still is an Apache company making boats, though the company has been kicked around like a red headed step child, shroulded in more secrecy than the KGB and filled with more inuendo, half truths than the national enquierer, and a past more sorded than Tiger Woods little black book.

But it is one hell of a boat. It just needs t be a 41' so you can fit " McManus-Saber-Chief-Legend by Apache down the side.....

No matter what you call it, that video would never have happened without this guy..

Last edited by phragle; 12-15-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply - appreciated.

So the McManus currently running the place is not the original?

Who's in Jail? I'm very confused but adore the boat. Do you know who designed and lofeted the boat? Is it still around?

Is there a place to get the whole Apache story?

Thanks...
Old 12-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Registered

For what its worth..you will never get the entire apache story. There are way to many variations. Kramer is in jail for agricultural transportation. Aronow is dead (suposedly shot by somebody Kramer hired) after that it get really fuzzy.(But at one time I think McManus was the janitor or something like that) If you want one, Saber will build you one, Mcmanus will build you something (not exactly sure what) and if you want a bigger one, outerlimits will sell you a Mcmanus russian spy trawler minus engines cheap.(since the cold war is over) There are several used ones out there. but be warned they hold their value well. Also do some research to find the history of the one your after if you do intend to buy. Some have been put back together, some have been sunk. Keep the AmEx handy, you will need it. They take power to move. big power. Having ridden in one, despite the sordid history, I want one. Oh and if it's flat water, they lope, just find something on the stereo with the same rhythm and it's all good.
Bobby is still around though I have never met him, many say he will shake your hand and answer any question you have with a smile on his face. Then again many say he will take you for a boat ride with a big smile on his face , and you will be changing your shorts afterwards........

Last edited by phragle; 12-15-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

I also know next to nothing about apache powerboats. I kinda have a curiosity though. One of my first jobs out of highschool I used to work at place in ct building hydraulic pumps and valves. There used to be this old italian guy named Louie that came in once a week to drive our truck to new york and back. I was talking to him one day he told me his son owned Apache Race Boats in New York and brought me in an Apache T-shirt and on the back was a hawk racing engine with a blower and flames shootin out the pipes. I wore that shirt till it fell apart .This was around 1984. Wonder if this is the original Apache.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered

Nope..Apache is florida based, though many Apaches have been located around New york. I myself no very little. I only posted because thouse who know, when seeing somebody ask about the history (no disrespect or offence intended in this statement towards Blacklab) spit beer all over their computers..... As I stated rumours and speculation have run rampant for years with no sign of letting up anytime soon. And I didn't even factor in the guy with more cash than brains or more brains than cash plus a penchant for getting banned or placed in timeout and his illustrious jacket....
Old 12-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered

He did tell me that they did have some fla affiliation but it seemed like most of the business his son did was in NY. How were they affiliated with hawk or were they at all? i cant imagine the guy was bs ing me or go out of his way to get me a shirt. I will never forget that hawk holding that blown big block in this claws. I never saw another one like it. It seems like all these guys are draped in mystery.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

I was just reminded about the oar company.... I'm getting dizzy now....

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by blacklabmarine
Came across his video on youtube - what a great looking hull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7mSx...eature=related

Sorry for my ignorance but I thought that I has done a search on "Apache Powerboats" in the past without success? Is the McManus Powerboats the same company? When was this boat built? Where? Does the boat still exist?

Anymore photos or video?

Thank you in advance...

Sincerely,
As stated earlier Warpath is the standard ALL rough water boats are compared to. Happy reading.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...2-warpath.html
Old 12-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Nope..Apache is florida based, though many Apaches have been located around New york. I myself no very little. I only posted because thouse who know, when seeing somebody ask about the history (no disrespect or offence intended in this statement towards Blacklab) spit beer all over their computers..... As I stated rumours and speculation have run rampant for years with no sign of letting up anytime soon. And I didn't even factor in the guy with more cash than brains or more brains than cash plus a penchant for getting banned or placed in timeout and his illustrious jacket....
No disrespect taken. I'm obviously a newbie when it comes to offshore powerboats and their history and I, too spit beer all over my computer when people post stupid questions on the forums I spend most of my time on. After doing searches I realize that my question was pretty stupid.

In my defence I thought that I had seen these videos on youtube in the past and had done a search with no real results. Having done so again and read (with amazement and great interest) this whole saga of possible drug runners, competitors, Presidents, Mafia, etc I must have been mistaken.

The reason for my question might be a better place to start...

http://rocksaltalloyboats.shutterfly.com/74

We're an aluminum alloy boatbuilding company - smaller fishing boats and now bigger deep-vee boats. I say this not to advertise (as you guys wouldn't be prospective owners anyway) but because I'd like to approach a builder in this market to team up with on a project.

If the Apache folks were still the same as the boat in the videos I thought that that might be a good place to start - apparently not.

I might post this question on the main forum..and, yes, I know it might be a bit of a newbie question with no final answer and, yet, the answers would be helpful if not definitive...

Which company in this market:

1) Most honorable/Best Run
2) Best Riding
3) Toughest

In other words - if you were looking for a partner among the boatbuilders in this market who would you choose...??

Nor-Tech?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.