Don Pruett info needed >

Don Pruett info needed

Notices

Don Pruett info needed

Old 05-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Don Pruett info needed

HORBA rec'd an inquiry from an old friend of Don Pruett....see below. Can we help him???

I would like to inquire about Don Pruett, is he still around and where does he live? Don & his family moved into our neighborhood in Miami Fla. in 1968 and I went to high school with his son Bill. It was a real kick hanging around Don and the race boats. I went to work for Don at Maritime Boats when I got out of school. In 1969 Don asked me if I would like to join the race team and travel/tend to the race boat as it traveled during the upcomming season. It was the offer of a lifetime for a 19 year old gear head but I was in love and needed a steady job (plus my girl said she wouldn't wait for me if I went). Don did his best at trying to talk me out of getting married but I didn't take him up on the offer. I wound up quiting Maritime and going to work for the phone company and got married. I lost track of Don & Bill but I often remember them and the thrill of the race boats. Any help locating him would be appreciated. Thanks. Warren Beyer
Old 05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Sadly Don passed away back in the 90's. He was one of the team managers on the Jesse James 48' Foot Superboat, after a number of years with Chris Craft as manager of the Chris Cat project. He was bigger than life and all of us who knew and loved him have our share of stories regarding his amazing adventures.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Sadly Don passed away back in the 90's. He was one of the team managers on the Jesse James 48' Foot Superboat, after a number of years with Chris Craft as manager of the Chris Cat project. He was bigger than life and all of us who knew and loved him have our share of stories regarding his amazing adventures.
Thanks Rich....I passed the info on to him.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charlie,

I had seen the news of Don Pruett's passing on the Tornado website.
Don's family had left several messages on the website guest book. Even though this part of the website has been modified, I am sure that Alex Balestrieri still has their details.
I remember that in one message someone (Don's daughter?) was enquiring about what has become of "old friends".

It may be worth a try for your friend to get in touch this way.
Philippe.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Deauville Trophy
Charlie,

I had seen the news of Don Pruett's passing on the Tornado website.
Don's family had left several messages on the website guest book. Even though this part of the website has been modified, I am sure that Alex Balestrieri still has their details.
I remember that in one message someone (Don's daughter?) was enquiring about what has become of "old friends".

It may be worth a try for your friend to get in touch this way.
Philippe.
Thank you Philippe.....I will pass that info on to him.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Registered

Warren replied with his thanks and he shared some great sotries......

Thanks Charlie for the replys from you and your members, sorry to hear about Don's passing. I was pretty impressionable back then at 19 and Don was a "Mans Man" and the last person I would want to piss off. I wish I had pictures of back then but I do have vivid memories.

While at Maratime I went for test runs sometimes with Don in the "White Tornado". That still holds the number one spot on my "Holy ****" list. And I also remember taking the Tunnel Hull boat down to the old Miami Marine Stadum for testing.

The address on the telegram from Vincenzo Balestrieri to Don that appears on the Torado Racing Team web site is where Don lived in my neighborhood. His son Bill and I got a kick out of riding in the big red Dodge Power Wagon Torado Racing Team truck with that big ocean racer out back. We impressed allot of our friends (especially the girls). We also enjoyed his Black on Black 1968 440 Dodge Charger RT (just like the one in Bullit) and his son Bill sometimes got to take out Don's custom Harley Chopper.

Don also scared hell out of me in Vincenzo's Lime Gree Lambogini P400 Mura (147mph on the Palmetto Expressway). Those rides list just below the ones in the boat. My Dad & I were into big block Fords and Don got us some very sweet deals on Holman & Moody Ford Engine stuff from time to time.

Thanks for helping me revive some great memories, I'm going to see if I can locate his son Bill. Thanks again everyone for the information and be sure to:

"Sock It To The Throttles"

Warren Beyer
Old 02-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Warren replied with his thanks and he shared some great sotries......

Thanks Charlie for the replys from you and your members, sorry to hear about Don's passing. I was pretty impressionable back then at 19 and Don was a "Mans Man" and the last person I would want to piss off. I wish I had pictures of back then but I do have vivid memories.

While at Maratime I went for test runs sometimes with Don in the "White Tornado". That still holds the number one spot on my "Holy ****" list. And I also remember taking the Tunnel Hull boat down to the old Miami Marine Stadum for testing.

The address on the telegram from Vincenzo Balestrieri to Don that appears on the Torado Racing Team web site is where Don lived in my neighborhood. His son Bill and I got a kick out of riding in the big red Dodge Power Wagon Torado Racing Team truck with that big ocean racer out back. We impressed allot of our friends (especially the girls). We also enjoyed his Black on Black 1968 440 Dodge Charger RT (just like the one in Bullit) and his son Bill sometimes got to take out Don's custom Harley Chopper.

Don also scared hell out of me in Vincenzo's Lime Gree Lambogini P400 Mura (147mph on the Palmetto Expressway). Those rides list just below the ones in the boat. My Dad & I were into big block Fords and Don got us some very sweet deals on Holman & Moody Ford Engine stuff from time to time.

Thanks for helping me revive some great memories, I'm going to see if I can locate his son Bill. Thanks again everyone for the information and be sure to:

"Sock It To The Throttles"

Warren Beyer
Well, most of what Warren quotes is true except for some minor details. Top Banana, I am sending you a PM and if you could, please forward on to Warren Beyer. Thanks..Bill Pruett
Old 07-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Registered

Default Thank you!

Don Pruett is my grandfather and I just want to say how wonderful it has been reading your memories with him. I miss him dearly but reading about all the good times you had with him bring so much joy to my heart.

I would like to inquire about Don Pruett, is he still around and where does he live? Don & his family moved into our neighborhood in Miami Fla. in 1968 and I went to high school with his son Bill. It was a real kick hanging around Don and the race boats. I went to work for Don at Maritime Boats when I got out of school. In 1969 Don asked me if I would like to join the race team and travel/tend to the race boat as it traveled during the upcomming season. It was the offer of a lifetime for a 19 year old gear head but I was in love and needed a steady job (plus my girl said she wouldn't wait for me if I went). Don did his best at trying to talk me out of getting married but I didn't take him up on the offer. I wound up quiting Maritime and going to work for the phone company and got married. I lost track of Don & Bill but I often remember them and the thrill of the race boats. Any help locating him would be appreciated. Thanks. Warren Beyer[/QUOTE]
Old 07-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
HORBA rec'd an inquiry from an old friend of Don Pruett....see below. Can we help him???

Hi Charlie----Billy Don left behind many friends----and many descendants----a lot of them are on FB-----

Old 11-29-2015, 09:48 PM
Registered

Hey fancy meeting you here, he is my grandfather too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.