Notices

Keith hazell

Old 10-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by no limits
I am curious and I hope I am not out of place asking how he died and how old he was? I remember last hearing about Profile Engines when they built some fancy engines for the 37 Aronow Gucci Edition. I guess this was around 1990. Was it not long after this that he passed? Sorry in advance if I offend anyone.
I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this. My file of passed friends is getting too large. I miss them all.
Attached Thumbnails Keith hazell-img_0001small.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lilabner
I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this. My file of passed friends is getting too large. I miss them all.
No offense here, glad to hear the real story...thank you. I'm sorry I never had the opportunity to meet him, my kind of person. RIP.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what a man. I always hear stories of Mr Hazel from Ed Toth. I believe he was close to him as was Herb Stotler. Seems like all good people form a tight group.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
what a man. I always hear stories of Mr Hazel from Ed Toth. I believe he was close to him as was Herb Stotler. Seems like all good people form a tight group.
Herb and My dad worked together
Old 08-08-2019, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked in Harbor one for Keith in 1984-86, What a great guy and great memories, Along with Sylvester I was one of the forklift operators. We had some great boats there. I remember one sticking out The spirt of New Orleans. I remember the 54 cougar cats, 540's arnesen out drives. The Donzi's were great.
I have to say it was one of the best times of my life. Thank you Keith!
Old 08-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by skrap
Keith was also the throttleman for the Arneson Special in 1983 when Tony Garcia won the UIM World Championship in Key West.
I remember him...... I found a photo I took of the boat just before leaving our Arneson shop in San Francisco headed to Florida.

Many times I was picking up Howard at San Francisco airport, returning from the races. He had to buy a second seat to accommodate the trophy !!
( Wow..... an old thread )

Those were good days.....

Arneson Special

Last edited by mountie; 08-08-2019 at 03:58 PM.