Im a ####in sucker and pissed >

Im a ####in sucker and pissed

Notices

Im a ####in sucker and pissed

Old 03-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a ####in sucker and pissed

So I bought this boat , from private owner here in Fox Lake, knowing it had one bad drive , but seller said he had a spare drive up in Oconomowoc ,wis at a buddies marina, oh yes its ready to be bolted on he says, ,,,,,,,,, well I was supposed to get it last week, mind you i picked boat up 2 weeks ago, , the only way i bought the boat because he had the spare drive ,ready to go, well, I just got off the phone with the marina, and they told me the drive is not bolt up ready , it needs ujoints, shaft, bearings, and who knows what else, , I am fuming and could kick my self in the ass ! , and feel like i was shafted good !!! I should have had him write up a detailed bill of sale, detailing everything i get, includeing condition of whole package , now i have two bad drives !!!! #### ME !!!!! , get a detailed bill of sale , no matter what !!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fasttoys7619
So I bought this boat , from private owner here in Fox Lake, knowing it had one bad drive , but seller said he had a spare drive up in Oconomowoc ,wis at a buddies marina, oh yes its ready to be bolted on he says, ,,,,,,,,, well I was supposed to get it last week, mind you i picked boat up 2 weeks ago, , the only way i bought the boat because he had the spare drive ,ready to go, well, I just got off the phone with the marina, and they told me the drive is not bolt up ready , it needs ujoints, shaft, bearings, and who knows what else, , I am fuming and could kick my self in the ass ! , and feel like i was shafted good !!! I should have had him write up a detailed bill of sale, detailing everything i get, includeing condition of whole package , now i have two bad drives !!!! #### ME !!!!! , get a detailed bill of sale , no matter what !!
boats are money pits, I know this, especially twins, but when someone, a seller flat out lies to you, thats just wrong, I was planning on spending my money on other aspects of this boat and now have to dump money into drives, I may just sell the two bad ones and buy a SEI
Old 03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered

lookin to do a possible trade with anyone in Northern Il,southern wis, or n.w. Indiana,,,,, 2 bad alphas/cash for one good alpha with 1.50 gears, please call me at 815-528-0433, Rich, I need it asap
Old 03-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

That sux!!
Old 03-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered

You might want to get a second opinion on the drives, those are pretty easy to work on and with two drives you should be able to make one. If that doesn't work put an ad on craigslist.com that you want a drive I am sure someone will have one real reasonable or look for a project boat, sometimes you can pick one up that has your drive for a couple hundred bucks.
good luck, if I was closer I would help you out.
jim
Old 03-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered

so i just spent $45 in gas money to pick this spare drive up, when seller was supposed to get it for me last week, has a bad upper housing, no shaft, broke u joint and bad upper gears and bearings, who knows what else,,,,guy at marina says seller told him he knew drive was bad and said give it to me anyway, , I called seller and asked didnt you tell me drive was ready, rebuilt and ready to bolt up ? he said yes , (me)why did i get a garbage drive ? (seller)I dont know ? marina must have made a mistake.lol , (me)well are you going to make right ? he said I dont know what to tell you , ,, and ended conver like that, now im an easy going guy, very hard to get pissed , I just dont know what this world is comming to,, so many dishonest guys out there , lookin to #### people over
Old 03-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He said it was ready to bolt up he didn't say it would work after it was bolted up. There is a gray area in there. You just bite the bullet and move on brother. Alfa's are cheap you will find one. SOrry you got the shaft and the drive didn't.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered

Just remember, you're not a Sucker... Someone else was very dishonest..You're like me, you still have faith in our fellow man, unfortunatly there are more dishonest people today than ever. I know right now you are simmering, but like
Velocity Vector said, Thank god it's a Alpha which are readily available & are generally priced fairly. At the end of the day, you have a Beautiful Looking Boat with Great Lines. I've always loved the looks of those Vintage Nova's.. Keep your head out of the bildge & Look towards brighter days my friend..Good Luck Buddy !
Old 03-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

all is not lost....

http://www.boatstoreonline.com/alpha-drives.html

good stuff...in parts!

if your upper's shot...grab a lower...or vice your versa...

if you don't already run a C/R set up, you should....

you're in good hands with OSO.....

c
Old 03-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
all is not lost....

http://www.boatstoreonline.com/alpha-drives.html

good stuff...in parts!

if your upper's shot...grab a lower...or vice your versa...

if you don't already run a C/R set up, you should....

you're in good hands with OSO.....

c
I have two right hands on the boat now, what kind of gains would i get if i did switch to c/r set up ? i know it would eliminate torque steer, but would i gain any significant speed?, more speed? , thanks ,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.