Notices

Performer Boats?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saltydogg, I am definitely interested. I'm hopefully going to have a piece of property soon that I can store this boat on, then I can work on trying to get it from the original owner. I would love to see what it was supposed to look like. As you can tell from the pics, she's pretty rough now.

SpeedDoc: I spoke with your friend a while back. He coulden't tell me much from memory except that fact that the Center console version was a somewhat rare variation.

I'm still hoping to bring this one back to life. Someone local mentioned that the owner (Gary Roemer) who at the time raced dirt track cars was also tinkering with racing boats. I'm not sure if it was this one or not, but the paint job is loud enough to be a race boat. Anyone from the NJ area in the late 70's early 80's remember this thing?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered

Since most of the foliage around the hull is gone now I was able to get a few more pictures of the whole boat instead of just little pieces. Here she is.

Last edited by Sleeper6; 11-26-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:10 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

i've never seen a CC Performer ever..... what a find.... any inside pic's?

how the he11 did you find that?
Old 11-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Registered

I've been looking at this boat out the window of my girlfriends apartment for almost 3 years before I just had to take a walkover and look at it. It's siting on the property of the apartment next door. She was left for dead there by the previous property owner. I'm trying to get in contact with him through a friend to see where the paperwork is for it. I have a few interior shots, but nothing too good. The rear engine cover / hatch os completely missing, so i don't know what that used to look like. I don't won't to go poking around and uncovering things too much until I get permission to do so. The trailer is clearly too long for this hull, hopefully I can cut off the excess length, re-bunk it, and move the axles forward to make it fit properly. Of course that is if it's not too rusty to salvage.

Looking at other pictures I think this is very similar if not the same as a Formula 233 hull. If so, it should ride pretty nice.

Last edited by Sleeper6; 11-26-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Just to update this a bit. A friend contacted the previous owner and was told for 2000 it could be mine.

I'm not sure what he's smoking, but I'm not paying that for what was a cool CC but is now a shell full of rotted wood with no engine.

There is one other option I may have. Does anyone know what the rules are concerning abandoned property? The boat was left where it sits about 15 years ago when the owner at the time sold the property it's on and moved out of state. I'm pretty sure I can get the current property owner to let me drag it away.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

----The boat pictured is definetly not a Donzi 24 El Pescador repop. Im looking out the window at mine on the lift and the strakes are way different. Formula 233 does look closer.......Bill S
Old 05-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

That one was surely built before they got the 24' Donzi mold. It does look like an early Formula Hull.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Registered

Default 233 performer 1976

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Performers where built just like all the other boats of that era. the glass guys where employees of other boat companys (like Cig, Cary, Cobra etc) Their 24' was the same hull Harry Shoell designed that was used by other company's like sonic. I worked for performer in 1990-93, they built top quality boats, some with no wood at all.
Fast donzi - I just picked up a 1976 performer fresh water boat with the original stickers still on the 292 twin 6clys fresh water cooled and had to be a garaged boat
also owned a 24 seabird with the Harry Shoell flare -- the question I have is where were they built in 1975 /1976 and does any one have any info on pictures ect --

I will up load some any info on these boats would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Registered

Default PICTURES OF the 233 performer

Originally Posted by smoketire
Fast donzi - I just picked up a 1976 performer fresh water boat with the original stickers still on the 292 twin 6clys fresh water cooled and had to be a garaged boat
also owned a 24 seabird with the Harry Shoell flare -- the question I have is where were they built in 1975 /1976 and does any one have any info on pictures ect --

I will up load some any info on these boats would be greatly appreciated

http://www.palmbeachcustoms.com/proj...storation.html
Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Ok, can somone tell me what happened to the moulds for the Performer 36' and does anyone know how many boats were built?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516273[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516274[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516275[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516276[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Performer Boats?-snipimage.jpg   Performer Boats?-black-jack-bill-eshwick-usa.jpg   Performer Boats?-img_0008.jpg  

Performer Boats?-night-moves-1978-.jpg  

Last edited by Ratman72; 01-14-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.