Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
cigarette 35 flatdeck Mission Impossible, England. >

cigarette 35 flatdeck Mission Impossible, England.

Notices

cigarette 35 flatdeck Mission Impossible, England.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up cigarette 35 flatdeck Mission Impossible, England.

A bit of history that needs some help, plus a OK video.
Im restoring an old school 35, that was originally built by Don for the 70's billionaire turkish arms dealer Adnan Kashoggi to full spec, to use as a high speed (launch !!) to the then world`s largest super yacht the Nabila, over 30 years ago. The stripped out 35,"Adnania", was fitted with two bolsters for driver/ nav and a narrow four bench seat behind. The front has a large "cargo" area,( but no AK47s left now!).
The Nabila c/w Cig made several trans ocean trips to unusual
destinations, each time returning to its home port of
Puerto Banus in Southern Spain. Kashoggi got in deep with
the CIA, think over the Consha Rebles/ Nixon arms scandal and the US seized his assets and imprisoned him. The Nabila/cig was bought by Donald Trump , never used , and sold on to an Arab . The Cig 35 was replaced by a Riva and was put in a local Puerto Banus boatyard to grow old gracefully. It was found circa early 90,s by UK offshore enthusiast Tony Toll who shipped it back to England and fully restored it, incl the twin 540,s and a pair of Speedmaster 3s re naming it "Mission Impossible". Tony eventually sold it on to finance an Apache 41 race boat. I found it in 2010 ,very neglected, one engine siezed, one drive broken and two feet of water in the boat. I bought it and Its now looking much healthier.

I have a pair of No 6 wet sump drives and want to replace
the No 3,s that are on the boat but to get the propshaft centre line level with bottom of the boat (as No6 advises) it means
raising the engines by 3 1/2 inches.
Which way would you go and still get best speed/stability?
Raise the engines or run the No6s 3 1/2 inches deeper than
ideal recommendation? Your advice really welcome.

Good video of the boat on U tube. Sorry I cant link direct, but go to.
"Cigarette Boat Mission Impossible".
Thanks. Bernie.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Hi Bernie nice boat in the vid ,red boat off the needles , is that boat still here in the uk ??.sounds like a very intresting project you got there ,sorry i cant help with you drive hight , but i am sure someone from here will point you in the right direction.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered

Heard from Tony Toll, he tells me the boat kept the "Adnania"
name throughout his ownership, the next guy used Mission Impossible, its back to its original Adnania name now and still RED!!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bernie
Heard from Tony Toll, he tells me the boat kept the "Adnania"
name throughout his ownership, the next guy used Mission Impossible, its back to its original Adnania name now and still RED!!
Hi Bernie, I have been on that boat several times and think you should put the drives at the same height as they are now. You have more than enough power going back in and stability to keep going in the rough will be more important than flat water straight line top speed. Swopping end at the type of speeds you will be able to Bernie would not be good for you health !
I have a 1971 Magnum 27 Sport in rebuild and have gone for a compromise drive height on the re installation.
Kalaazar
(Ian Toll)
Tony`s elder Brother.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Registered

Thanks Ian, seems good advice. Certainly dont want an early bath!

Paul, Yep, in Poole, Dorset, Two year project using S/charged
722's keep u posted.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Cheers Bernie .like to see that proj/ come along tatsty motors , and when i am down that way wouldnt mind a look ,my last boat came from down where you are and i rigged it myself with a s/block blower motor had the boat 20 years sold it last year and now have 28ft pantera twin 496 ho which i am very pleased with ,have a good friend down there who builds boat, if you need any help with glass work he could be your man ,very helpfull guy built my last boat ,keep me posted and good luck with the build re paul from canvey island uk
Old 05-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Paul, thanks for that, your glass man could come in useful.
Bet that pantera shifts, any pics?

There's a quick vid of the 722 on test on u tube.
"Merlin Supercharged Marine Big Block" noise what noise?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bernie
Paul, thanks for that, your glass man could come in useful.
Bet that pantera shifts, any pics?

There's a quick vid of the 722 on test on u tube.
"Merlin Supercharged Marine Big Block" noise what noise?
Hi Bernie thats a mean looking motor on u/t ,do you have your motors built yet?? a pale of mine put some vid on utube with my boat (28foot pantera canvey island run) 2 videos i will send you my email add you can then email me yours and i will send you some pic re paul
Old 05-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your welcome Bernie. It`s a good boat it was my son, Tony`s nephew, who collected it from Spain many year ago now. I think Christian my son would have liked to have had the boat for himself but it would have ment that I would have had to pay for it !!!
So now he will have to share my Magnum instead. However mine is 40 year old and he isn`t as yet although he is very close.

Kalaazar
Old 05-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Here's the link:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwglZgPlIA

plus a few pics from 2008
Attached Thumbnails cigarette 35 flatdeck Mission Impossible, England.-35-cig-miss-bath-travel.jpg   cigarette 35 flatdeck Mission Impossible, England.-cowes-246.jpg   cigarette 35 flatdeck Mission Impossible, England.-miss-bath-travel-2-.jpg  

cigarette 35 flatdeck Mission Impossible, England.-miss-bath-travel-8-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.