82 Searay, what's she worth >

82 Searay, what's she worth

Notices

82 Searay, what's she worth

Old 06-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 82 Searay, what's she worth

I just purxhased a 27' 82 SeaRay, I think it's a sundowner or dancer.
I got the lead from from one of my wholesalers whose best friends dad who bought the boat brand new and didn't put a bunch of time on it (400 hrs), they'd rather hang at the marina on Texoma than get out on the water with their weekends aboard. The son didn't want it 'cause he's not a boater.
She's got a bow berth, an aft cabin lower berth, walk in head, full galley, and a nice large salon. For a 27' she's got much more room in the salon and cockpit for weekending than my 38. She purrs like a kitten with 2 5.7 V8's, the gen set works great, the AC blows cold, and all electricals worked fine.
The interior is in mint condition and looks like it's never been used. A little elbow grease washing the cockpit and some teak oil on the woodwork up top would make her look great again.
The seller, a 90 yr old gentleman, told me that after his wife took a fall back in 07 he hadn't been out on her since. He'd just come up to the marina a few times a year, start it up, let her idle for a half hour or so, and run the generator plus AC while it was idling.
He said he hadn't washed or cleaned anything since that summers last weekend aboard.
I picked her up for a song and am now wondering what to do.
Momma's not a big fan of the 38 and if she isn't with this one either I'll probably sell it after detailing it up or sell the 38 and get a smaller faster boat that isn't a true weekender for hotrodding.

As always, you guys and girls are the greatest source of quality info on this planet. Thanks for any insight you may have on this boat. I'll try to get some pic's posted.
And, does anybody know of a used trailer for sale for a boat of this size. I'm going to haul her down here on mine but I don't want to pay for a monthly marina tab.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it looks like that I think it looks cool. Would be fun to "update".
Old 06-17-2011, 05:47 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe 2-3000
Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Registered

We sell boats like that for about $ 25,000 , or so , its a fun boat for the family man, go to the beach or cove + anchor out there for a while .
Old 06-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Maybe 2-3000
Originally Posted by CHEESE
We sell boats like that for about $ 25,000 , or so , its a fun boat for the family man, go to the beach or cove + anchor out there for a while .
Hell of a spread! haha. I think I'm more with Bill, I'd want to be in it for his money, but I think cleaned up it would do 10k retail, if you can find a buyer.

This is just my pure gut feeling on it, I did no research whatsoever!

They are nice boats for weekending though.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cash68

If it looks like that I think it looks cool. Would be fun to "update".
That is the same exact boat. She's got some great old school appeal on the bow with the remote control spotlight and the high rails mixed with a little bit of a modern cruiser look down the side view. It's shocking just how much space she offers her passengers for being a boat less than 30' long.

Maybe 2-3000
OUCH That really stings, LOL!!!

Maybe the 7 bones I gave for her wasn't such a song after all.
When I saw how incredibly clean she was in the salon and after everything checked out I figured she could be sold for 12 to 15 as is or for 15 to 18 on a trailer.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 06-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
That is the same exact boat. She's got some great old school appeal on the bow with the remote control spotlight and the high rails mixed with a little bit of a modern cruiser look down the side view. It's shocking just how much space she offers her passengers for being a boat less than 30' long.

OUCH That really stings, LOL!!!

Maybe the 7 bones I gave for her wasn't such a song after all.
When I saw how incredibly clean she was in the salon and after everything checked out I figured she could be sold for 12 to 15 as is or for 15 to 18 on a trailer.

See ya,
Kelly
I don't think 7 is bad for a boat with a generator and a/c, and if it is as clean as you say it is how can you lose?

One thing to remember if you are looking to flip this boat, it will have to be a cash sale. There are boats out there in the 1996-98 range with comparable features for 15-18k on trailers. But those boats can be financed. $15k may not be a lot to you and I, but most will need a loan.

I say clean it up and keep it, having a spare weekend boat with a/c that you only have 7k invested in is great IMO. Keep this one in the water for weekedays and not so nice weekends, or when you want to overnight. When you want to go fast drop the performance boat in.

Now you can sell the 38, and shop for something faster with less amenities.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1982...dard-Equipment
6 to 7,000 depending on options + trailer at maybe a thousand
Old 06-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

I have worked in a boat yard for the last 20 years , yes you could bang it out for $ 7 to 10 K , but if its clean with no hull damage , generator ,+ trailer it can sell for $ 20 to 25K, the year although 1982 if the boat is clean , thats what matters, but list it for best offer + see what happens, 7 to 10 K would be giving it away , thats what everybody wants , a gift .
Old 06-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe 2-3000
Probably the best guess.

Although I'd like to find out where the 25k guy lives... We should send all of our boats there.

Bottom line in this economy... a boat is only worth what someone can barrow to buy it.. An '82 hull is a very hard sell to ANY finance company.

Last edited by MidOcean; 06-18-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.