Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
Any Body have a Chris Craft XK-19? >

Any Body have a Chris Craft XK-19?

Notices

Any Body have a Chris Craft XK-19?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

My brother had a 2nd hand one that he acquired in the later 1990's and had it for a few years . I think it was originally a fresh water boat as it was in pretty good shape for its age. Had the marinized Corvette 350 in it with a non trimmable 270 Volvo .
Unfortunately the motor had a misfire at high speeds that no-one could seem to identify so he repowered with a new 350 . Pity it didn't have trim though . The 3rd hole was too much and the 2nd hole wasn't exactly right .
Still couldn't touch my older Donzi though .. lol
Old 10-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by madbouyz
My brother had a 2nd hand one that he acquired in the later 1990's and had it for a few years . I think it was originally a fresh water boat as it was in pretty good shape for its age. Had the marinized Corvette 350 in it with a non trimmable 270 Volvo .
Unfortunately the motor had a misfire at high speeds that no-one could seem to identify so he repowered with a new 350 . Pity it didn't have trim though . The 3rd hole was too much and the 2nd hole wasn't exactly right .
Still couldn't touch my older Donzi though .. lol
A 280T transom shield would have fixed him right up.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
A 280T transom shield would have fixed him right up.
Unfortunately there weren't any hanging around then , BUT he did do an outdrive swap later on to a 280 without trim . Bolted up onto the existing stuff I believe . Problem was that the 280 unit was an inch or so longer (deeper) than the 270 and it was way low and dragging if you ask me .
In retrospect a 280T plate and drive together would have been great but the transom would have to have been sealed and re-cut .
Damn , the stuff we learn as we go through this hobby .
Old 10-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the local marinas here still has one that they originally sold in dry storage. Its a rare special order bigblock model with original gel coat and shagg carpet. Low hours and has never been off the Portage Lakes.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Donzi Matt,

Yes the Lancer 19' shares the same 24 degree deep V with lifting strakes as the Super Sport and XK19. I am a lucky guy and also have one of these. Its an all original survivor 1975 Lancer 19' Rally Pac in blue and white and had her out on the lake just last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB0axRG7NXs

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I also have a matching 1975 Lancer 23' Rally Pac (blue and white as well) but its still in project status I hope to get it ready over the off season with a splash in the spring. If you don;t know already, the Chris Craft Commander Forum is a great resource for you during your restoration. http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840
Old 01-29-2021, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found one about a year ago. Engine not original, but it is period correct.

I love it. Goes through chop like a boat twice it's size... Maybe not as fast as a comparable Donzi, but it IS a Chris Craft. Built like a tank.