Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how many bertrams do you see today and then cigs ,stand out
Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by innerrage
how many bertrams do you see today and then cigs ,stand out
True, but there are only 2 or 3 Cig bubble decks in existence.

I believe there were only 11 or 12 Bertram 38 comps made. Very rare for sure.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:38 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Cig, and paint it in its Fayva Glory.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dirty Pearl
We run a 36 Cig and it's outstanding. She's fun to run in all conditions.
Hi there, did you have Dirty Pearl out in Long beach by any chance 4th of july weekend?
Old 07-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No we are doing some engine work, and then taking them to Sotler Engines for Dyno tune.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll throw my $ .02 in and say the Bertram. There were only 17 38 comps built and with the beveled deck styling are simply beautiful. They have a 20 degree deadrise as opposed to the 24 degree most deep vees had. The Bubble deck Cig is IMHO the ugliest thing on the water. But spend the $ as you see fit.

Wannabe
Old 07-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardC
Have the fortunate choice of being able to buy a Cigarette bubbledeck or a Bertram 38 - both boats hull are Kevlar. Which is the better boat in moderate seas? Both boats have Speedmaster 3A's -the Cig has 750hp, the Bert has 550hp.
Which boat would you buy?
So - there have been a few opinions on here thus far - any closer to making a decision yet?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered

Default The Cigarette wins..

Firstly, I must thank you all who took the trouble to post a comment on the message board.
I have decided on the Bubbledeck against the Bertram. The Bertram has no drives, the top of the blocks were missing, Rain had got into the engine Bay and it only had a cradle. One minute the price was $16K, the next it was $25K. The Bubbledeck needs work but all the Running gear is complete - plus the current owner has been a pleasure to deal with.
Boat is being collected this coming week then onwards to Ft. Myers for a complete restoration to bring it back to its former glory before shipping back to England where I plan to race in the Marathon Races / Historic Class and prepare for the COWES to MONTE CARLO race in 2013 - all 2400 miles.
Will be making regular updates on this site with what is going on with the boat as it already has amazing history.
Here is another question for you all - Paint scheme?
The paint job appears perfect - although not to everybodys taste. Taking into account sponsorship logos how would you paint this boat?

Hope to update by next weekend - keep the comments coming - Thanks guys...
Old 07-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I think if your going to race Cowes you definatly made the right choice. the big Cig will be a Blast in those big Seas, Whereas the Bertram would be Iffy. Remember Smitty & Ted Toleman Stuffed Their Bertram there and Flattened the aluminum wind screen. The Big Cig will Fly like an Eagle.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:54 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Well there is already the Bounty Hunter hull - so other than these three schemes I'm not sure what other options there are if you want to re-create a famous bubble deck hull.....nice to have the choice to make! Looking forward to reading the updates!
Attached Thumbnails Which is the better boat?-my-photos-2082.jpg   Which is the better boat?-saugy82crt2.jpg   Which is the better boat?-172-1-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.