Cheap-ish Shadow Cat >

Cheap-ish Shadow Cat

Notices

Cheap-ish Shadow Cat

Old 12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Did anyone notice the HIN number? If I remember correctly the shadow cats, and Shadow V's hull number began with IMG for Image boat company located in Lake Hopactcong, or was it KRG for Krononberg, which was Elbe's last name, I forget. I know that we have that info on our bill of sale somewhere, my brother Philip would remember. That was the only Linder Luhrs Shadow Cat operation, well other than Linder's origional Long Island Challenger operation. There After that came Conquest. After Shadow (Image boat co.} went out of business someone from Jersey leased a mold and made a few hulls and even a few 21 shadows, I would not doubt that others did the same. Even doing a splash to make a mold required mold making skill and the operations that made one of two hulls did not have that skill. That Dash shape is not a Shadow dash and the Shadow Cats never had a cabin opening like that. Maybe Rich will step in here and shed some light on what it is.

Last edited by mikefili; 12-20-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefili
Did anyone notice the HIN number? If I remember right the shadow cats, Shadow V's hull number began with IMG for Image boat company located in Lake Hopactcong, that was the only Linder Luhrs Shadow operation, after that came Conquest. After Shadow (Image boat co.} went out of business someone from Jersey leased a mold and made a few hulls and even a few 21 shadows, I would not doubt that others did the same. Even doing a splash to make a mold required mold making skill and the operations that made one of two hulls did not have that skill. That Dash shape is not a Shadow dash and the Shadow Cats never had a cabin opening like that. Maybe Rich will step in here and shed some light on what it is.
All the later shadows (90's built in Rhode Island) all had that deck. Last real shadows were in 84 I believe.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STV92
PROSTOCK85
Yes, we need an update on your work,,,

I had a shadow cat that needed that much attention.
Sold it bought another one, but great job!

Did you ever get a chance to weigh it?

I still dont think they will turn 30"
But, I could be wrong.

The 2.4s were just to small to turn the numbers,

Im running 28 3 blades outside & 4 blade in the middle.
I think mine weighs in about 7000 lbs.

My next goal is 3 300xs motors for mine, this would put me around 100 mph. .
But I always have my stv for that

I would love to hear the 2 8v start up.
Awesome dude, would be awesome!
I was e mailing with you a few years ago about the Pennzoil(Black Dukc) boat. My Dad was the original owner/driver of Black Duck. Was hoping you were going to bring it back to running condition but I guess not. Any idea where it is now and what the plan is for it?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

How much is that cat really worth? The trailer is junk and pricey to rebuild. 2 of the three motors are seized? The cockpit is junk... I know the lowers and steering are worth something but 8K seems kind of high. Am I way off base? Just curious, since it could be a fun project. I'll be the first to admit I've never run a cat or triple egg beaters
Old 12-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Geez you guys are freaking out about that trailer over nothing. Get it sandblasted for $150 and paint the thing and it'd look brand new.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cash68
Geez you guys are freaking out about that trailer over nothing. Get it sandblasted for $150 and paint the thing and it'd look brand new.
Not usuable at all.