Notices

sleek craft

Old 05-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts
Default sleek craft

found an old barn find.. 1974 sleekcraft 18-20 ft?with a 455 (460 horse)olds and jet drive. the boat is in incredible shape!! brand new interior put in it. the now owner owns a upholstry business. sitting on original trailer that looks new. whats it worth?? the boat is flawless and just had al new cables, hoses, carb. always freshwater.

thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
found an old barn find.. 1974 sleekcraft 18-20 ft?with a 455 (460 horse)olds and jet drive. the boat is in incredible shape!! brand new interior put in it. the now owner owns a upholstry business. sitting on original trailer that looks new. whats it worth?? the boat is flawless and just had al new cables, hoses, carb. always freshwater.

thanks
I have the same boat, only mine is a 76. I paid $500.00 with a rod knocking. The problem is the engine thats in that boat when it comes to the price. A BB Chevy or Ford will bring more money, also what pump is in it? A lot of sleeks came with Jacuzzis. This pump is ok, but not as popular as a Berkley.

With all that being said there are tons of these things out there for sale. Prices ranging on average from $2500 to $7000.
If it is really imaculate then I would say no more than $5000.

I have a childhood love for these boats and its so sweet when you see them on the water today!!!!!
Before and Now
Attached Thumbnails sleek craft-photo5.jpeg   sleek craft-pics-170.jpg  

Last edited by BarryB; 05-17-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Registered

this thing is mint. what jet drive is it?? the guy said berkley but its not on it anywhere..
Attached Thumbnails sleek craft-009.jpg   sleek craft-010.jpg   sleek craft-011.jpg  

sleek craft-012.jpg   sleek craft-013.jpg   sleek craft-014.jpg  

Old 05-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

this thing is mint. what jet drive is it?? the guy said berkley but its not on it anywhere..
Thats definately a Jacuzzi.
That boat is the exact boat I have. Mine had the engine cover as well, I removed mine and glassed the transom in to be able to run over the transom headers.

That boat is definately in great shape.
I would definately low ball on the price and see if he bites.

Is the paint dull? Or is that just the pictire?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

no the paint is like new. just a little dusty and sh!tty camera phone. its a 1974 and shows like a 2010. i couldnt believe how nice it was. he was pretty firm on 7k. which is a little more than i was willing to spend on another toy. know of anyone looking for one??
Old 05-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered

no the paint is like new. just a little dusty and sh!tty camera phone. its a 1974 and shows like a 2010. i couldnt believe how nice it was. he was pretty firm on 7k. which is a little more than i was willing to spend on another toy. know of anyone looking for one??
7K is a bit much..IMO
It is a sweet ride though.