Formula 255 Liberators with 330/TRS >

Formula 255 Liberators with 330/TRS

Notices

Formula 255 Liberators with 330/TRS

Old 06-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Formula 255 Liberators with 330/TRS

Any old school Thunderbird guys have thoughts on how many of these were built?...or what percentage of total production units were twin 330's? I know the options ran from a base power of twin 292 I sixes on No 1 Mercs to twin 330'TRS's.

I have seen one in Ft. Lauderdale about 2 months ago. It had been upgraded to twin 420's many years ago. The current owner and I discussed the Bravo swap that I am doing...said it was something he was considering. I told him he should keep the TRS's for collectors value...they have to be rare on this boat.

When I asked him how it ran with the 420's he simply said" the only thing that holds you back in that boat is your brains and your balls".
Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
When I asked him how it ran with the 420's he simply said" the only thing that holds you back in that boat is your brains and your balls".

too funny...

how fast is the original 255 with 330?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VideoFrank
too funny...

how fast is the original 255 with 330?
With twin 330's I'm guessing mid 70's with everything trimmed and propped in the best way possible. I had an old smuggler tell me that a 255 Liberator with Big Blocks could haul a ton of product 60+ MPH and that it was way underrated in it's load carrying capacity.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A ton of "product" haha that's awesome. With that boat and somehot bbc's you could probably outrun anything 30ft or less in big water and probably even some of the bigger boats if you had the balls snd lack of brains